Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Belle :drool:

...I wasn't tempted to have a punt, but Djoko (currently) at 1.48?!! Was Bandy really all that amazing today or something? :scratch:

·
Registered
39,787 Posts
a mix of both mate, Nalbandian played very well and Rafa looked tired and was making an awful lot of mistakes

i cant get a clear read on Nalbandian, cant really say if he is back to old form

i will not touch it

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
If I have to place a bet I prefer Nalbandian...

Chelin playing an ATP last week was near to beat Nole (had 2 MP)
why do you think Nalby cant do it tomorrow? :shrug:

he is always motivated here in Madrid (he is the player with most victories here since 2002), but of course that will be a hard match...

·
Registered
26 Posts
i think that nalby djoko will take 3 sets
i d pick rather nalby but i m not gonna touch it because i have too much respect for djoko
GOOD LUCK EVERYBOBY

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I don't see Henin losing at all. Henin is the women's version of Federer. I think Nalbanian will lose somehow some way. Even if Djokovic loses the first set I still think Djokovic will win.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts

he is always motivated here in Madrid (he is the player with most victories here since 2002), but of course that will be a hard match...
Thanks for the stats very helpful,looking at Argentina's No.1 aswell!!GL

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
No way in hell will Serena get her. She is not even in same league as Henin, only one to even win a set against her recently was an in form Golovin!

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I KNEW I had to wait for later before picking Nalbandian.. got him at 2.9 but he's 3.2 now :(

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Andre♥;6160669 said:
Is she gonna sit on the top of Henin?
:spit:

Thankfully she doesn't have far to fall...might spare Henin one broken rib.

On a serious note though, I agree with kinster's comment...Henin does seem to be the female Federer. Not really seen her this year, but when I check into WTA now and again, she always seems to be winning.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

It's not that I don't think he can, it's more the price that Nole was being offered at...I mean, 1.50+ is quite nice considering that Djoko most often finds a way to win, even if the tennis isn't pretty.

Sure, Bandy is highly dangerous though...he has the style to seriously hurt Nole with (solid all-round play, coupled with controlled aggression) and obviously loves this event (16-4 record, includng 1 final and 3 SF).

To be honest, I side with sergey on this one...a no bet on my part, simply because I have too much respect for Nole (and I think Bandy's price is too short). Same with the Kiefer match, even if I think Kiefer could possibly Nick a set.

·
Premium Member
11,343 Posts
Amazing to see that during this tourney, laying all dogs for 1 unit, give more than 7 units.
And 3 matchs remaining.
I will try this strategy for last tournaments of this year : Saint Petersburg, Lyon, Basel, Paris and maybe Shanghaï.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Belle :drool:

...I wasn't tempted to have a punt, but Djoko (currently) at 1.48?!! Was Bandy really all that amazing today or something? :scratch:
Nalbandian played well but lets not kid ourselves. Nadal played like complete garbage. With the high margin of error on his shot, it was unbelieveable to see how many shots he missed. He was completely atrocious. I was really more impressed with LaLo and Kiefer than Nalbandian yesterday. Nole will play his normal game, turning the switch on and off, but I really dont think that fat Dave can touch Nole. He just isnt in this class and for that reason you're getting an excellent price on Nole.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I don't see Henin losing at all. Henin is the women's version of Federer. I think Nalbanian will lose somehow some way. Even if Djokovic loses the first set I still think Djokovic will win.
Henin always wins on clay and never wins on grass. Federer always wins on grass and never wins on clay. They are quite the opposite

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
3-4 for the week -.71 units.
Novak Djokovic -265 over David Nalbandian to win 1 unit.
I think this is the second best of the year (the first was Djokovic over Roddick in Montreal). I dont think theres any question that Nole will win this match. The only thing that worries me is Nole's ankle. If healthy, he should easily dispose of Nalbandian, who had a big win yesterday. Even though I think for that reason, you're getting an unbelievable price on Nole. Nadal played the worst tennis I've ever seen him play, and not to take anything away from Nalbandian because he played well, but it was clear that Nadal wasnt himself. I really feel like this line would have been around -400 or even -500 had Nalbandian not have destroyed Nadal. You're getting a great price and I dont see this as a let down situation. Nole has had a much tougher road to the semi final than Nalbandian has had, and Nole may lose focus and let the match go to 3, but theres no way that fat Dave can beat him here.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Henin always wins on clay and never wins on grass. Federer always wins on grass and never wins on clay. They are quite the opposite
You know what he means with his remark...

Henin only lost 4 matches this year and is one a winning streak of 17 matches now (just one set lost). She has a monopoly in women's tennis at the moment, even more than Federer has in the men's tennis.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts