Mens Tennis Forums banner

Suicide Tennis | WTF London - Hidalgo & Mark Lenders win the title!

7K views 140 replies 22 participants last post by  Edy. 
#1 · (Edited)
Suicide Tennis - World Tour Finals

1. Each day of play you must pick 1 winner playing an ATP main draw singles match. The player you choose must be on the tournament OOP for that day.

2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste your pick on Federer or Nadal to win in early round matches.

3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. You have to submit your own pick, no one else can submit a pick on your behalf. If you know you won't have opportunity to pick all days you can pick for several days ahead.

4. Each Player shall submit a back-up pick at the same time they submit your main pick. This pick will only be used in the case of a walkover or withdrawal of your main pick, a walkover from your main pick's opponent, or in the case a Lucky Loser replaces your main pick's opponent. Retirements do count as completed matches. If 1 point is played the match will be considered in play and your pick is valid.

Replacement picks must be identified like this:
Back-Up Pick - Andy Roddick
Make it clear and try to do it all in one post!

5. No commitments are necessary! If you wish to participate, and are qualified for the finals, just post your Day 1 pick in the correct time.

6. Once the order of play is released, it will be added IN THIS THREAD, right below, to facilitate your choices. Each day, this post will be updated with its respective order of play.

NOTE: You can't pick a player from a match scheduled for the previous day and postponed for the next due to rain or darkness! Choose only from the matches posted in the OOP here for the concrete day!

7. Picks will be acceptable until BEFORE the start of the FIRST match each day.

8. The scoring system will be as follows:

Losing Pick on Day 1 - 0 points
Losing Pick on Day 2 - 100 points
Losing Pick on Day 3 - 200 points
Losing Pick on Day 4 - 300 points
Losing Pick on Day 5 - 400 points
Losing Pick on Day 6 - 500 points
Losing Pick on Day 7 - 600 points
Losing Pick on Day 8 - 1000 points
Winning the title - 1500 points

9. Never edit your pick. If you change your mind, you must first "quote" your original pick in a new post and enter your new pick there.

10. This thread is not made to complain about format, points, etc. There's Suicide Suggestions Thread created for that. :)

Special Rules for Suicide WTF:

There will be 8 days of picking. You have to pick every day. Two players, used during the round robin format, can be picked again in semifinal and final, but only in SF and F.
Only Top 16 players from the year are eligible to play here. Those placed from 17th to 20th are alternates. They can pick for day 1, and if someone from Top 16 forgot to pick, they are replacing him/her/them.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: Suicide Tennis | WTF London

Entry List​

Code:
[U]Player                     Day 1            Day 2            Day 3            Day 4            Day 5            Day 6            Day 7            Day 8[/U] 
03. Hidalgo                Federer          Murray           Nishikori        Wawrinka         Djokovic         Nadal            Federer          Djokovic
10. Mark Lenders           Djokovic         Murray           Nishikori        Wawrinka         Federer          Nadal            Federer          Djokovic

#3 · (Edited)

Suicide List​

DAY03 - 200 POINTS
Code:
01. Fargif                 Federer          Murray           Berdych
02. Zauber                 Federer          Murray           Berdych
04. rjd                    Federer          Murray           Berdych
05. Vitor BM               Djokovic         Murray           Berdych
06. *Jean*                 Federer          Murray           Djokovic
07. Tulipe                 Djokovic         Murray           Berdych
08. Black Friday           Federer          Murray           Berdych
09. Raffaella              Djokovic         Murray           Berdych
11. Droog                  Djokovic         Murray           Berdych
12. Rekanto                Federer          Murray           Berdych
13. paulxx23               Djokovic         Murray           Berdych
15. Cheeky Chick           Federer          Murray           Berdych
16. igmIGM                 Djokovic         Murray           Berdych
DAY04 - 300 POINTS
Code:
14. The Fogmeister         Djokovic         Murray           Nishikori        Ferrer
WINNING THE TITLE - 1500 POINTS
Code:
03. Hidalgo                Federer          Murray           Nishikori        Wawrinka         Djokovic         Nadal            Federer          Djokovic
10. Mark Lenders           Djokovic         Murray           Nishikori        Wawrinka         Federer          Nadal            Federer          Djokovic

#4 · (Edited)

Stats and OOP​

DAY01 OOP

Djokovic vs Nishikori
Federer vs Berdych

DAY02 OOP

Murray vs Ferrer
Nadal vs Wawrinka

DAY03 OOP

Berdych vs Nishikori
Djokovic vs Federer

DAY04 OOP

Murray vs Nadal
Wawrinka vs Ferrer

DAY05 OOP

Federer vs Nishikori
Djokovic vs Berdych

DAY06 OOP

Nadal vs Ferrer
Murray vs Wawrinka

DAY07 OOP

Djokovic vs Nadal
Federer vs Wawrinka

DAY01 STATS

Survived: 16 (Djokovic 8, Federer 8)
Killed: 0

DAY02 STATS

Survived: 16 (Murray 16)
Killed: 0

DAY03 STATS

Survived: 3 (Nishikori 3)
Killed: 13 (Berdych 12, Djokovic 1)

DAY04 STATS

Survived: 2 (Wawrinka 2)
Killed: 1 (Ferrer 1)

#6 ·

Last year we had a situation. I wasnt playing but was in there on daily basis.

My question is , in the same scenario, same rules aplly or is there a diferent rulling?

#22 ·

Day 1: Djokovic
Back-up: Federer

#24 ·

Tough first day. I think both Federer and Djokovic have a decent chance of being upset, the players they are facing are imo their most difficult matchups outside of the rest of the big 3. Group B seems easy on the other hand, you just have to pick Ferrer's opponent for every day, group A is quite tricky though... Good luck to all :yeah:

Day 1: Djokovic
BU: Federer

Hoping to lose of course...

#30 ·

yes it helps. Thank you. But I think the no. one rule is not correct. Don't we start with a clean slate if we reach the semi-finals and final?
Now I could really use the Full schedule of the round robin stating who plays whom on each day to play with a little strategy. The ATP web-site used to be good but now I can only find who plays whom for the first two days. oh well I will just follow the herd. It will not be as much fun as it could be.

#32 ·

yes it helps. Thank you. But I think the no. one rule is not correct. Don't we start with a clean slate if we reach the semi-finals and final?
Now I could really use the Full schedule of the round robin stating who plays whom on each day to play with a little strategy. The ATP web-site used to be good but now I can only find who plays whom for the first two days. oh well I will just follow the herd. It will not be as much fun as it could be.
Day 1 - Group A Matchday 1:

1-Djokovic vs Nishikori
2-Federer vs Berdych

Day 2 - Group B Matchday 1:

1-Murray vs Ferrer
2-Wawrinka vs Nadal

Day 3 - Group A Matchday 2

Winner of match 1 of day 1 vs winner of match 2 of day 1
Loser of match 1 of day 1 vs loser of match 2 of day 1

Day 4 - Group B Matchday 2

Winner of match 1 of day 2 vs winner of match 2 of day 2
Loser of match 1 of day 2 vs loser of match 2 of day 2

Day 5 - Group A Matchday 3:

Winner of match 1 of day 1 vs loser of match 2 of day 1
Winner of match 2 of day 1 vs loser of match 1 of day 1

Day 6 - Group B Matchday 3:

Winner of match 1 of day 2 vs loser of match 2 of day 2
Winner of match 2 of day 2 vs loser of match 1 of day 2

Long story short: matchday 2 is winners vs winners and losers vs losers, matchday 3 is the remaining matchups.

Have fun :p

Reactions: safin-rules-no.1
#31 ·

Day 1 - Djokovic
BU - Federer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.