Mens Tennis Forums banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
I didn't check the OOP that day, but I'm assuming it was decided that two rounds would be played on Thursday before play begun that day, right? If so, surely people still alive that day should have made picks for both day 3 and day 4 instead of by-passing an entire round, no? It feels weird to skip an entire round in a game like ST.

I take back what I said if the decision to play two rounds in the same day was made after play had begun on Thursday, as I said before I didn't check the schedule for that day beforehand. In any case, good luck to those still alive, I think we can have some winners here.

·
Super Moderator
62,002 Posts
I didn't check the OOP that day, but I'm assuming it was decided that two rounds would be played on Thursday before play begun that day, right? If so, surely people still alive that day should have made picks for both day 3 and day 4 instead of by-passing an entire round, no? It feels weird to skip an entire round in a game like ST.

I take back what I said if the decision to play two rounds in the same day was made after play had begun on Thursday, as I said before I didn't check the schedule for that day beforehand. In any case, good luck to those still alive, I think we can have some winners here.

We didn't really have two rounds on Thursday. No player had to play twice in one day except Kohlschreiber and his first match was put in Wednesday's OOP. There was no logical way to make a split that I could see, as the day that rained away would normally have a lot of R1 matches but not all of them.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
We didn't really have two rounds on Thursday. No player had to play twice in one day except Kohlschreiber and his first match was put in Wednesday's OOP. There was no logical way to make a split that I could see, as the day that rained away would normally have a lot of R1 matches but not all of them.
Well, from I can gather it was supposed to be: Day 1 - R1 Day 2 - R1 Day 3 - R16 Day 4 - R16 Day 5 - QF Day 6 - SF Day 7 - F, but ended up being Day 1 - R1 Day 2 - R1 Day 3 - R16 Day 4 - QF Day 5 - SF Day 6 - F

So people could have chosen one player from the top half and one from the bottom half in R16 as it was originally supposed to be. But granted, I wouldn't have thought of that if I was alive that day and doesn't really make that much of a difference, when I first saw 6 days instead of 7 I thought there might be a round completely by-passed but I see people had to pick at least 1 player for each round and since there's a point system in place for 6-day events too, no problems there :yeah:

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
But now we have what we wanted to avoid in Wimbledon: A changed number of days during the tournament.
It's fewer instead of more, so it gets easier instead of harder and no tactics are screwed, but the main point remains the same.

·
Super Moderator
62,002 Posts
But now we have what we wanted to avoid in Wimbledon: A changed number of days during the tournament.
It's fewer instead of more, so it gets easier instead of harder and no tactics are screwed, but the main point remains the same.
Yeah, we need proper guidelines for how to deal with these situations in the future.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
D5 Youzhny
BU Fognini

·
Super Moderator
62,002 Posts
Oh well, Fognini lost and with him went yet another chance at a title to waste. Youzhny will decide if it's to be a day 5 suicide of a day 6 no pick.

Thanks to the manager :worship:

·
Super Moderator
62,002 Posts
Youzhny lost as well....
Yep, so reaching day 5 was enough for a win, if not a title. We have eight winners. This is actually my first win since april last year. First time I've won by reaching SF stage also, the other three were final stage. But no titles still.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Thanks for management.
This week was not specially easy to manage :yeah:

Pretty happy to win again just after winning Wimbledon :cool:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
And we all fall down ....Thank you all for playing. Nobody makes it beyond SFs ... 8 people win the contest though.

Code:
eljab          	Mayer          	Rosol          	Giraldo        	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny        
Elmo Jr        	Mayer          	Rosol          	Garcia-Lopez   	Bautista Agut  	Fognini        
Hellcat        	Mayer          	Rosol*         	Giraldo        	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny        
J99            	Mayer          	Rosol          	Giraldo        	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny        
kondrashov     	Mayer          	Rosol          	Giraldo        	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny        
Litotes        	Golubev        	Rosol          	Garcia-Lopez   	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny        
Prakharulz     	Golubev        	Rosol          	Giraldo        	Youzhny        	Fognini        
VamosRafaNadal 	Mayer          	Rosol          	Garcia-Lopez   	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
FINAL UPDATE

Day 5
Winners: 0/8
Picked Players: Youzhny (6), Fognini (2)​

Suicides
Code:
	Day 1          	Day 2          	Day 3          	Day 4          	Day 5          
eljab          	Mayer          	Rosol          	Giraldo        	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny        
Elmo Jr        	Mayer          	Rosol          	Garcia-Lopez   	Bautista Agut  	Fognini        
Hellcat        	Mayer          	Rosol*         	Giraldo        	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny        
J99            	Mayer          	Rosol          	Giraldo        	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny        
kondrashov     	Mayer          	Rosol          	Giraldo        	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny        
Litotes        	Golubev        	Rosol          	Garcia-Lopez   	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny        
Prakharulz     	Golubev        	Rosol          	Giraldo        	Youzhny        	Fognini        
VamosRafaNadal 	Mayer          	Rosol          	Garcia-Lopez   	Bautista Agut  	Youzhny
Dead List

201 - 216 of 216 Posts