Premium Member
8,400 Posts
Day 4: Rublev
BU: Schwartzman

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Can someone explain the logic behind having to make a pick before play starts? Obviously it is an advantage to do so as you have more matches to choose from but surely that is the player's prerogative and as long as a pick is made before the match in question starts I don't see why it should not be valid 🤷‍♂️
Ok, this is a possible scenario where someone could have advantage if we accept picks after deadline

We have a Draw like this in Clay and the matches are played on this order:

QF1: Lacko vs Nadal
QF2: Federer vs Bedene
QF3: Gulbis vs Busta
QF4; Krajinovic vs Cecchinato

The easiest matches would be QF1 and QF2, a nice pick would be Federer over Bedene because is Clay and Federer probably won't defeaf Nadal here. But in a big surprise Lacko defeats Nadal in the first match. Then I won't pick for Roger because I want to save the pick for the final, and decide to voto for someone in QF3 or QF4. Of this way you have an advantage if you pick after a match was played.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok, this is a possible scenario where someone could have advantage if we accept picks after deadline

We have a Draw like this in Clay and the matches are played on this order:

QF1: Lacko vs Nadal
QF2: Federer vs Bedene
QF3: Gulbis vs Busta
QF4; Krajinovic vs Cecchinato

The easiest matches would be QF1 and QF2, a nice pick would be Federer over Bedene because is Clay and Federer probably won't defeaf Nadal here. But in a big surprise Lacko defeats Nadal in the first match. Then I won't pick for Roger because I want to save the pick for the final, and decide to voto for someone in QF3 or QF4. Of this way you have an advantage if you pick after a match was played.
I get where you're coming from. Guess can argue either way as if matches have already started you have less matches to be able to pick from and potentially missed out on some easy picks earlier in the day. Just was confusing as the rules are different for the women's game!

Not an issue though - will just have to make sure I get my picks in the night before going forward. And Fritz lost anyway so I don't feel bad!

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Day 5: Berrettini
BU: Ruud

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Day 5
Berrettini
BU Schwartzman

·