Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suicide Tennis - World Tour Finals
1. Each day of play you must pick 1 winner playing an ATP main draw singles match. The player you choose must be on the tournament OOP for that day.
2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste your pick on Federer or Nadal to win in early round matches.
3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. You have to submit your own pick, no one else can submit a pick on your behalf. If you know you won't have opportunity to pick all days you can pick for several days ahead.
4. Each Player shall submit a back-up pick at the same time they submit your main pick. This pick will only be used in the case of a walkover or withdrawal of your main pick, a walkover from your main pick's opponent, or in the case a Lucky Loser replaces your main pick's opponent. Retirements do count as completed matches. If 1 point is played the match will be considered in play and your pick is valid.
Replacement picks must be identified like this:
Back-Up Pick - Novak Djokovic
Make it clear and try to do it all in one post!
5. No commitments are necessary! If you wish to participate, and are qualified for the finals, just post your Day 1 pick in the correct time.
6. Once the order of play is released, it will be added IN THIS THREAD, right below, to facilitate your choices. Each day, this post will be updated with its respective order of play.
NOTE: You can't pick a player from a match scheduled for the previous day and postponed for the next due to rain or darkness! Choose only from the matches posted in the OOP here for the concrete day!
7. Picks will be acceptable until BEFORE the start of the FIRST match each day.
8. The scoring system will be as follows:
Losing Pick on Day 1 - 0 points
Losing Pick on Day 2 - 100 points
Losing Pick on Day 3 - 200 points
Losing Pick on Day 4 - 300 points
Losing Pick on Day 5 - 400 points
Losing Pick on Day 6 - 500 points
Losing Pick on Day 7 - 600 points
Losing Pick on Day 8 - 1000 points
Winning the title - 1500 points
9. Never edit your pick. If you change your mind, you must first "quote" your original pick in a new post and enter your new pick there.
10. This thread is not made to complain about format, points, etc. There's Suicide Suggestions Thread created for that.
Special Rules for Suicide WTF:
There will be 8 days of picking. You have to pick every day. Two players, used during the round robin format, can be picked again in semifinal and final, but only in SF and F.
Only Top 16 players from the year are eligible to play here. Those placed from 17th to 20th are alternates. They can pick for day 1, and if someone from Top 16 forgot to pick, they are replacing him/her/them.