Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like going to musicfestivals, take the tent and watch bands play all weekend but i can't imagine that i'm the only one here. so where are you guys going this year and who you're looking forward to see ? :D
are you going all weekend or just one day ?? what festival you want to visit someday ? :)

my plans for this summer :

- Pinkpop, the Netherlands may 30-june 1(www.pinkpop.nl)
just one day, RATM is the main reason i'm going. nice line up this year but have seen a lot of those bands already and it's not my fave festival

- Rock Werchter, Belgium july 3 - july 6 (www.rockwerchter.be)
all days, every year a great line up. and i like it there :cool:

- Cactus, Belgium july 11-13 (www.cactusfestival.be)
depends on the line up, but if i go it will be just 1 day. love the food over there :D

- Lowlands, the Netherlands august 15-17 (www.lowlands.nl)
all weekend, my fave festival :worship:

Sziget festival is the one i'm the most curious about from the ones i haven't been to btw

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts
Sziget festival is the one i'm the most curious about from the ones i haven't been to btw
only festival I've been to, went there just to see Radiohead but it was a great experience with Franz Ferdinand, dEUS and some other bands
List of artist is not as good as western festivals but the main stage has good acts. There are 4-5 other stages for different genres (metal, world music, electronic etc)
The venue is fantastic, an island on the Danube. It's rather cheap and the good thing is that it's very near the city, 3 tram stations. There are enough showers although you gotta hold the line for round 30 min sometimes. It goes for 1 week though i stayed only 5 days. There are also many discos, there's a jazz tent, ambient tent (where you enter without shoes and there are no seats but you lay on the floor, great place :D ), silent disco (everyone has headphones, so from outside looks like people are dancing without music), base jumping, and great bars that stay open all day and all night (best time to go is in the morning when everyone is drunk from the night before http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cij2Y19mOS4 )

If I had money and time I'd surely go there again. I like also the festivals in belgium (Werchter and Pukkelpop sp?), they usually have great artists

·
Registered
22,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Silent Disco :yeah:

Radiohead and dEUS are both at Rock Werchter this year btw. I think i will go to Sziget someday, i only hear great stories from people who've been there :)

·
Registered
97,309 Posts
Heineken Open'er in Sopot :rocker:

But this year's list is probably the weakest ever. It used to be a decent event. Still I think Massive Attack will come.

·
Registered
22,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmm...the names so far at heineken open'er in sopot are not bad at all :) chemical brothers, beirut,massive attack,cocorosie,m.i.a., sex pistols and gentleman and the far east band. don't know the last band though :)

confirmed acts for Sziget so far : kaiser chiefs,sex pistols, R.E.M., die artze,roisin murphy,lauren harris and iron maiden :rocker2:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts
mmm...the names so far at heineken open'er in sopot are not bad at all :) chemical brothers, beirut,massive attack,cocorosie,m.i.a., sex pistols and gentleman and the far east band. don't know the last band though :)

confirmed acts for Sziget so far : kaiser chiefs,sex pistols, R.E.M., die artze,roisin murphy,lauren harris and iron maiden :rocker2:
it's still early, they can still add some bands
so far Sziget doesnt look any good :eek:

·
Registered
97,309 Posts

Chemical Brothers are here every year I guess lol. I like Beirut, would like to see them live.

Gentleman was in my city not such a long time ago :yawn:.

I wouldn't mind The White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand and Skin again, this is some good stuff live.

·
Registered
22,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
line up Pinkpop festival : friday Metallica Chris Cornell Flogging Molly Jonathan Davis Incubus Alter Bridge Sat2D Porcupine Tree
saturday Foo Fighters Kaiser Chiefs Stereophonics Editors KT Tunstall The Verve Novastar Bad Religion Groove Armada Justice Moke Voicst
sunday Rage Against The Machine Alanis Morrissette Racoon Counting Crows Queens of the Stone Age Gavin Degraw Fiction Plane Serj Tankian The Hives Cavalera Conspiracy The Wombats Roisin Murphy Saybia Pete Murray Kate Nash Patrick Watson

some more names to follow

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts
line up Pinkpop festival : friday Metallica Chris Cornell Flogging Molly Jonathan Davis Incubus Alter Bridge Sat2D Porcupine Tree
saturday Foo Fighters Kaiser Chiefs Stereophonics Editors KT Tunstall The Verve Novastar Bad Religion Groove Armada Justice Moke Voicst
sunday Rage Against The Machine Alanis Morrissette Racoon Counting Crows Queens of the Stone Age Gavin Degraw Fiction Plane Serj Tankian The Hives Cavalera Conspiracy The Wombats Roisin Murphy Saybia Pete Murray Kate Nash Patrick Watson

some more names to follow
saturday seems like it's the day to be

or sunday to throw rotten tomatoes to Alanis Morissette

·
Registered
22,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
line up Rock Werchter so far :
thursday
R.E.M. Lenny Kravitz Mika The Chemical Brothers Counting Crows Soulwax 2Manydj's Air Traffic Beirut Chris Cornell The National Modern Skirts
friday
Neil Young The Verve Moby Babyshambles Digitalism Duffy
saturday
Radiohead Sigur Ros Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals Kings of Leon Editors Roisin Murphy The Hives Gossip KT Tunstall Kate Nash Galactic
sunday
dEUS Beck Underworld Kaiser Chiefs The Kooks Nightwish Justice John Butler Trio
band of horses also confirmed but not known yet on which day they'll play.
over 20 more names to follow

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
other festival in august beside lowlands?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts
line up Rock Werchter so far :
thursday
R.E.M. Lenny Kravitz Mika The Chemical Brothers Counting Crows Soulwax 2Manydj's Air Traffic Beirut Chris Cornell The National Modern Skirts
friday
Neil Young The Verve Moby Babyshambles Digitalism Duffy
saturday
Radiohead Sigur Ros Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals Kings of Leon Editors Roisin Murphy The Hives Gossip KT Tunstall Kate Nash Galactic
sunday
dEUS Beck Underworld Kaiser Chiefs The Kooks Nightwish Justice John Butler Trio
:sobbing:

scary good :eek:
(normal for Coachella)

·
Registered
22,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
other festival in august beside lowlands?
who wants to go somewhere else when you've got Lowlands ?? ;)
don't know where you live but there's Pukkelpop in Belgium, Haldern in Germany is august too i believe, and England has Reading/Leeds and V as big ones in august :)

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Duncan, all of those bands are comming here as well, like every year. :p
& you go to the same damned festivals every year.

ugh, travel to other place that not Belgium is also an option. Just saying, luv. :p

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
wanna go to Sziget with me next year ? :p
I was talking about this year :p
but I can think about it anyway.

Oh, btw I took my brother to see 30STM ...he is 12, don't you forget that.
It was so damn painful, I swear to god I felt old. Emo is um, how do I say ..unique? :bolt:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts