Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Troicki schooling so-called future GOATs. (he beat Coric in R1)

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Good to see that Saschas game is working on grass and he can keep up with these guys, because Troicki isn't too bad on grass.

Let's hope he can get a good draw in Halle and may get an other win there to keep his ranking up :)

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Troicki schooling so-called future GOATs. (he beat Coric in R1)
Grassicki GOATing vs future GOATs. Quite a beautiful sight. :bigclap:

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be fun to see what weapons these youngsters develop when they peak, they're all pretty basic now.

·
Premium Member
21,596 Posts
Troick had MPs in the second set and blew them with some stupid shot selection, really had to win this in straights. But a win is a win. :)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Zverev is weaponless. Even on grass he plays behind the baseline
I agree that he plays way too passive. Gotta change that.

I don't agree that he's weaponless. He has the weapons when he decides to play more aggressive and actually uses them. He's 18, I hope he'll learn how to do it.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I agree that he plays way too passive. Gotta change that.

I don't agree that he's weaponless. He has the weapons when he decides to play more aggressive and actually uses them. He's 18, I hope he'll learn how to do it.

According to him and similar fangirls, anyone except Federer is weaponless. Maybe Wawrinka on a leap year when the moon is full.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Getting to Round 2 was a good result for Alex's first ever pro tournament at any level on grass (never even done qualifying for a grass tourney either). Nice to see him remain competitive in that second set too :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Weaponless

Seriously can't hear that nonsense anymore, if nothing else his serve will be a huge weapon down the road, his BH is excellent, his FH is a work in progress.
It's not so much about having weapons, it's about utilizing them... Jeez, it's about so much more: it's about defining oneself as a player, finding an identity, a rhythm, consistency. In one word: maturing - as a player, and a human being.

Considering this was his 2nd pro-level match on grass, and he took the #28 to three sets, and he has no weapons, and is overall an idiot: I think he did fairly well.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Weaponless

Seriously can't hear that nonsense anymore, if nothing else his serve will be a huge weapon down the road, his BH is excellent, his FH is a work in progress.
It's not so much about having weapons, it's about utilizing them... Jeez, it's about so much more: it's about defining oneself as a player, finding an identity, a rhythm, consistency. In one word: maturing - as a player, and a human being.

Considering this was his 2nd pro-level match on grass, and he took the #28 to three sets, and he has no weapons, and is overall an idiot: I think he did fairly well.
Nothing more to add here!

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Weaponless

It's not so much about having weapons, it's about utilizing them.
Bullshit. He is 198 cm and probaly will be even taller. His serve is quite average for this height and he doesn't have powerful groundstrokes.
He tries to play grinding tennis, but will it be successful when you are so tall ?? nope

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Bullshit. He is 198 cm and probaly will be even taller. His serve is quite average for this height and he doesn't have powerful groundstrokes.
He tries to play grinding tennis, but will it be successful when you are so tall ?? nope
It won't. He will adjust. Cilic adjusted. He won the junior RG and thought he can grind out players on the ATP Tour aswell. He learned fast.

And it's funny that Zverev showed more maturity than Troicki. Viktor was so unclutch today. :facepalm:

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Watched better part of the match ...
Viktor played well enough to win, but his shot selection was awful ... that dropshot :help:

I think the more experienced player with similar skills as Zverev would beat him today. Both the break back in the second set and wasted MP's in the tie-break were inexcusable.

Hopefully Viktor can raise his level here since he has a chance to reach the 17-24 bracket for Wimbledon (with one withdrawal or so)

·
Registered
839 Posts
That's ridiculous. Zverev is everything except weaponless. His groundstrokes are very very powerful like he proved today in the second set and he has already a big serve. He has hit 22 aces against Groth. What's this if not a weapon? When is it weapon? When he hits 40 aces? He is too passive, he is too inconsistent and his mental strength is not good but weapons are definitely there. Watching all his matches would help to make the right conclusions.

·
Bring it Home
21,135 Posts
Zverev is not weanponless, but for some reason he tries to play very deep in the baseline. Probably to mask his awful movement.

I don't watched this match though, I'm talking about the last year's matches I watched from him.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Having watched him play at the clay challenger he won prior to RG, I don't think you can say he is weaponless. Big serve and groundies but like others have said needs to work on being aggressive and imposing those weapons on other players. Anyway, he's just turned 18 so he's going through the transition from the junior / challenger tour to the main tour.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts