Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
This just makes Becker' result on R1 even worst.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I must say I find M. Zverev´s game totally unattractive. He is at least often going to the net, but otherwise I had a feeling I am watching that type of recretional player whose success is hitting the ball to the other side of the net.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
don't know why Seppi was considered the favourite, Zverev clearly the better player on grass
Seppi comes from a hip injury that forced him to skip almost all clay season. Seppi got his first ATP title on grass in Eastbourne and reached the final there the next year, in addition to a Wimbledon r16 appearance. Zverev doesn't have such achievements yet, so I wouldn't really call him "clearly the better player on grass".

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seppi comes from a hip injury that forced him to skip almost all clay season. Seppi got his first ATP title on grass in Eastbourne and reached the final there the next year, in addition to a Wimbledon r16 appearance. Zverev doesn't have such achievements yet, so I wouldn't really call him "clearly the better player on grass".
yeah you're right
I just looked at the recent grass results and Seppi's last win on grass before the one against Becker was in 2013, should have said being the better grass player lately instead
still surprised at the 2.62 I got for Zverev, especially given that Seppi comes back from an injury

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
A bit dissapointing after a promising win against Becker.
Oh well, looks like I'll have to be more careful with his hip :p

I hope he can win a match or two at Wimbledon. Depends on a draw really...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts