Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
:yeah:

Hopefully he can get some momentum because he is defending like half of his points over the next month: if he doesn't get something done he might fall out of the Top 150 :facepalm:

·
Bring it Home
20,495 Posts
I didn't watched. How well he played?

Zverev is another one of those guys I don't see fitting well with the grass surface.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Was this his first pro-level match on grass?

Wasn't exactly pretty and he'll prolly get a proper beating by Troicki, although he c/should do some damage with his serve.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I didn't watched. How well he played?

Zverev is another one of those guys I don't see fitting well with the grass surface.
He was attacking with the serve and forehand. Standing quite far back to return serve but quickly moving up to the baseline. Unlike Coric he seems to realise his clay court game will not work on grass.

·
Registered
839 Posts
:yeah:

Hopefully he can get some momentum because he is defending like half of his points over the next month: if he doesn't get something done he might fall out of the Top 150 :facepalm:
Yes, but a few weeks ago we had to fear that he falls out of the Top 300.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Not sure what he achieved beating a guy outside the top 400, but nonetheless a winning debut on grass. :yeah:

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Not sure what he achieved beating a guy outside the top 400, but nonetheless a winning debut on grass. :yeah:
Would it have been a bigger achievement if he had lost to a guy outside the top 400? :rolleyes:

Mate Pavic has had success on grass in the past and low ranked players can be dangerous on this surface. Look at Thiem losing to guy outside the top 500 today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts