Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YESSS! P. Davydenko also has a lovely game, although it's quite different from his uncle's.

Second set looked like an incredible chokefest from live scoreboard.

Davydenko had MP on his own serve having not been broken all match then this:

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
Good job! Is this his maiden ATP main draw victory? If so, then it's perhaps understandable his getting nervous when within touching distance.

·
Registered
57,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unless I'm mistaken, this means Davy 2 gets an ATP main draw win on his first effort after failing to ever win a Challenger match despite qualifying many times.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
so with qualifying and now winning philip will vault up to around world # 500

if he were to pull off the upset and take out giraldo he'd end up at around # 430

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, this means Davy 2 gets an ATP main draw win on his first effort after failing to ever win a Challenger match despite qualifying many times.
Not the first effort. He played Kuala Lumpur in 2012. So 1-1 on ATP MD level and 0-3 on Challenger MD level.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
What's this guy's potential emotion?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Blaz:hug:

Sad for Blaz:bigcry:

Blazi shouldn't be losing to mugs like this:sad:

Lots of points to defend coming up...Scared for Blaz:scared:

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

How many times in one post can you say 'Blaz'?

·
Registered
13,800 Posts

philip is no mug. he's grossly under ranked. if he wasnt so ridiculously stubborn about playing futures and smaller tournaments until recently and he had had a better serve he'd be top 100 or close to it by now. he has a nice game. he's only 21 too so there's still lots of time for him to have a decent career

i hope he does and i hope davy either coaches him or sticks around in some way.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
philip is no mug. he's grossly under ranked. if he wasnt so ridiculously stubborn about playing futures and smaller tournaments until recently and he had had a better serve he'd be top 100 or close to it by now. he has a nice game. he's only 21 too so there's still lots of time for him to have a decent career

i hope he does and i hope davy either coaches him or sticks around in some way.
Blazi is better than him:wavey:

·
Registered
57,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What's this guy's potential emotion?
Well, he's more top 300 than top 20 but I think with improvements the guy could be a staple in 250s and the latter stages of Challengers. When I last watched him his groundstrokes were great- more spin than Nikolay and a great one handed backhand- but his serve was utterly pathetic and he was awful on big points. The player he is right now is probably 250-300ish. If he improves some areas of his game he could be 100-150ish.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts