21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Another win for humanity.

·
Registered
28,794 Posts
I don't hate Kyrgios, but I don't really get what he's doing.

I understand that he's kinda lazy and doesn't wanna train as hard as say, Thiem, but why would you as an Australian want to travel to cities in Europe only to not give a shit and tank in Round 1? If that was me, I would feel like it was an absolute waste of my time.

One would think that he might put in at least some effort now that the surface is grass, but no.

Strange stuff.

·
justice for all
13,367 Posts
I don't hate Kyrgios, but I don't really get what he's doing.

I understand that he's kinda lazy and doesn't wanna train as hard as say, Thiem, but why would you as an Australian want to travel to cities in Europe only to not give a shit and tank in Round 1? If that was me, I would feel like it was an absolute waste of my time.

One would think that he might put in at least some effort now that the surface is grass, but no.

Strange stuff.
Well, maybe Mick just loves travelling, who knows. The good thing is at least part of the expenses are covered when he participates in a tournament.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
apparently, garbage mouth cannot walk the walk

·
Registered
8,776 Posts
Well, maybe Mick just loves travelling, who knows. The good thing is at least part of the expenses are covered when he participates in a tournament.
All he talks about is how he misses his family and friends and how he hates being away from home. Unfortunately, he himself doesn't know why he does what he does.

·
Registered
8,776 Posts
looks like he's a bit of a drama queen too then

but that's not a crime, is it?
There's no crime in anything he does. Just a big and sad waste. He's a child who refuses to grow up. Nothing too complicated.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I didn't like what I saw in the match at all. Nicholas, you didn't travel all the way to Europe just to do this, did you?!?

And on grass? Did you take it for granted that you would win no matter how much you fooled around?

I honestly love to watch your game at its best, but this certainly wasn't it.

Glad for Matteo though. Such a decent guy, which was so clear to see especially once you get someone like Nick doing his clownery at its worst on the other side of the court.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The hate against kyrgios here is getting out of hand. He does what he wants and he's not hurting anybody. So let him enjoy himself?
I definitely agree with your main point, but the thing is, Nick really didn't seem to be enjoying it that much out there in this match (or afterwards). He just seemed (a bit) lost.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nick and Tomic are cool guys to hand around with, quite down the earth in private. They are very well aware how money came easy for them, they do not front. Tomic is a very generous dude.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
hilarious considering Kyrgios was whining all clay season about the surface, then withdrew from RG, only to get routined in 1st round grass tournaments.

Sad guy

the sooner he recognizes that HE'S the problem, the better. If he doesn't give a shit, fine, but his implication that the surface was the problem is fascinating considering

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
He was playing like he wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible. play was quick, half-arsed and mostly predictable.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just realized Kyrgios has 1.1 million followers on Instagram. Imagine if Kyrgios would start taking tennis seriously. He'd be a huge star.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Im guessing the only reason he plays is to keep the sponsors happy...do the bare minimum. I guess 7 million dollars (earnings so far) can be spent very easily for some people

21 - 40 of 44 Posts