Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great match! Champagne tennis at times. Dare I even say it was one of the finest BO3-set matches of the year, so far.

RBA was a bit sluggish in the 1st set and seemed to be having a hard time coping with GGL's OHBH. As a whole, he wasn't always finding his shots (check the very first game, 4 UEs with his FH). Garcia-Lopez was quite exceptional though.
At 4*-2 in the 2nd set, RBA being down a set and a break, he remembered it would be a good idea to actually attack GGL's 2nd serves. And it worked! He got the break back thanks to that attacking spirit and also thanks to an awful error at the net (FH volley) from GGL. The latter was shaken by that horrible miss and RBA gained momentum and started GOATing, pretty much, winning 4 games in a row to win the 2nd set.
Some terrible errors that were fatal from both in the first 2 sets, but the quality was still very good. And the third set was just as great! Both had their chances (especially RBA, with many BPs) but none couldn't convert because their opponent was clutch enough. The TB was just RBA being himself: extremely solid mentally.

Fabulous win for Bautista Agut and excellent performance from both!
I'm obviously very happy RBA got through this, Garcia-Lopez being an excellent clay-court player. What a win! So clutch. :worship:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Bautista Agut winning another match he should have lost. Whats new? lol Mentally deficient players with less smarts & character giving to him. :lol:

Another Nadal style Spaniard, bores the socks off opponents, they're forced into submission and in the meantime he snatches victory. Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuooooooooooo! :yeah:

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bautista Agut winning another match he should have lost. Whats new? lol Mentally deficient players with less smarts & character giving to him. :lol:

Another Nadal style Spaniard, bores opponents into submission and meanwhile snatch the win. :yeah:
Professional analysis, I see.

They were both very agressive in both 2nd and 3rd sets. RBA is nothing like Nadal. :facepalm:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Nah respect to Bautista, very limited, talent wise and still is squeezing into the top 30.

As Fognini said; 'Man serves like a girl'. :lol:

·
Banned
5,616 Posts

Another Nadal style Spaniard, bores the socks off opponents, they're forced into submission and meanwhile they snatch the victory. Wooo! :yeah:
:D:D:D

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Professional analysis, I see.

They were both very agressive in both 2nd and 3rd sets. RBA is nothing like Nadal. :facepalm:
Mentally, you simple guy.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah respect to Bautista, very limited, talent wise and still is squeezing into the top 30.

As Fognini said; 'Man serves like a girl'. :lol:
1. Talented is not what you think "talented" means.
2. He doesn't have a booming serve, but the rest of his arsenal is top-notch. His FH is stunning, for instance.

Watch his matches and stop hating players because of their nationalities. Thank you.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
'Top notch' :lol:

Everything he has is as average as average can be. He just plays with the best tactics suited to competing against his opponent and executes them with consistency and composure.

That in the end gets him the victories.

I know what talent is, he's not talent. He's the epitome of mediocrity, but credit where credit is due, he huffs and he puffs and he bores his opponent down.

PS: Who's hating because of nationalities? Garcia Lopez is Spanish too, :scratch:, right, duh brain!

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
'Top notch' :lol:

Everything he has is as average as average can be. He just plays with the best tactics suited to competing against his opponent and executes them with consistency and composure.

That in the end gets him the victories.

I know what talent is, he's not talent. He's the epitome of mediocrity, but credit where credit is due, he huffs and he puffs and he bores his opponent down.
Just like your results predictions and analysis of the game. That is talent.

You're free to believe what you say, but you're also free to be dumb and regard yourself that highly.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Yeah, Wawrinka to win the Australian Open was such a weak prediction. :lol: And then Federer to win Wimbleodon, when the talk was all over and about Nole, Andy and Rafa.... :lol: Then was one point away from serving for the championship. :yeah:

Look for me in the tipping competitions. ;)

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, Wawrinka to win the Australian Open was such a weak prediction. :lol:

Meet me in the tipping competition. :yeah:

ClutchOnandWin said:
TheBallsForTennis @ClutchFocus · 15h (6 units) Garcia Lopez at 2.59 at Pinnacle vs Bautista ATP STUTTGART Greater weight of shot & with game for clay, opens up angles with FH!
Hope this helps.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
It's called value dumbarse. :lol:

When a match is 50/50 and the odds are lob sided, if you have a brain you take those odds. Simpleton.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most of the people automatically start using ill-mannered vocabulary once they know they are being owned.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Most people pretend to be able to have a wide vocabulary, by using words like 'ill-mannered' when they know they have been exposed as being unintelligent and as spacious in mind.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
I can see appreciating the RBA game is perhaps a bit ..... niche?. He's fairly metronomic at times, pattern-based play rather than an instinctive feel for how a rally is developing. A lot of people instinctively dislike that.

Not easy to be so consistent when you hit that flat though, and somewhat close to your power limits.

His game is still developing though, plenty of elements still to improve. I'm curious to see if he can take it to its logical conclusion: a Davydenko style. It's the only way he can become top 10 with that serve, surely.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
I can see appreciating the RBA game is perhaps a bit ..... niche?. He's fairly metronomic at times, pattern-based play rather than an instinctive feel for how a rally is developing. A lot of people instinctively dislike that.

Not easy to be so consistent when you hit that flat though, and somewhat close to your power limits.

His game is still developing though, plenty of elements still to improve. I'm curious to see if he can take it to its logical conclusion: a Davydenko style. It's the only way he can become top 10 with that serve, surely.
The guy has to redline his game each time he steps out onto court against a top 40 quality opponent. He's really not all that. Let's see how long he can last when he lacks any effortless weapons, can't keep relying on players imploding and choking away matches. :lol:

Unfortunately was at gym and didn't even know he was up a set and a break, otherwise could and would have traded out on my ML price of 2.59.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
I watched 3rd set.
It was too monotonous. GGL was trying to defend,while RBA was trying to hit every shot from FH side.
GGL was standing 10 meters behind the baseline when returning, Rafa style. :lol: Just gave Roberto far too much time for one two punches.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
well done! such a tight match, so glad rober could win this =DDD

1 - 20 of 38 Posts