Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coria at his best! He won that tournament without losing a set. Legend!

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
The same year, Monte-Carlo final : Ferrero def Coria 6-2, 6-2.
Everyone who can remember this match know who was the king of clay before Rafa :p
Nadal took over in 2005. Ferrero was out of the picture by 2004.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the award for most random thread of the year goes to .... :spit:
You are silly. Too bad you're fan of Grigor.. Picture that Grigor is finished with his career at the age of 25,26,27? You'll see then, how I'm feeling.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
You are silly. Too bad you're fan of Grigor.. Picture that Grigor is finished with his career at the age of 25,26,27? You'll see then, how I'm feeling.
Coria wasn't worth losing any sleep over. He couldn't even beat Gaudio in a slam final who apparently has "twice as many Roland Garros titles as Novak" (that isn't going get old any time soon). :lol:

This happened 11 years ago!! Seriously, get over it. You're still a young man. There's still time for you to find a new purpose in life. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
He won a 250 where he was the only top 10 player? Stop the press
Stuttgart was International Series Gold.

And Carlos Moya was top 5. Aside from that, it was a good field with Costa, Mantilla, Norman, El Aynaoui, Corretja, Schuettler, Lapentti, Zabaleta, Ferrer, Nadal, Ljubicic, Mathieu, Gonzalez, Grosjean, Youzhny...

Pretty damn good field, actually, for a post Wimbledon clay court event.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Stuttgart was International Series Gold.

And Carlos Moya was top 5. Aside from that, it was a good field with Costa, Mantilla, Norman, El Aynaoui, Corretja, Schuettler, Lapentti, Zabaleta, Ferrer, Nadal, Ljubicic, Mathieu, Gonzalez, Grosjean, Youzhny...

Pretty damn good field, actually, for a post Wimbledon clay court event.
Moya lost early to some challenger guy? Sounds like a tank :p

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
People.. this is double bagel against pretty good opponent.

·
Registered
97,201 Posts
coria was not the best player or most accomplished claycourter before nadal

but he was so hell entertaining

filled my tennis void after rios went into semi-retirement

watching this guy live was surreal and right now i don't see anything of sort being performed on tennis courts (maybe prime radwanska)

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Fresh thread :spit:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have counted 12 players from that field still active in 2014 in singles and a few in doubles. Impressive. Really a strong and entertaining era back then. All those young promising players like Youzhny, Lopez, Ferrer already having some impressive runs here and there, something you see only very rarely nowadays. All we have now are two overhyped 23-year olds who just cracked the top 10.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.