Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zverev had set pt in first set tb and set pts. in second set tb. He got frustrated with the wet conditions in the second tb. and kind of lost it mentally. Very tight match and he'll only improve.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The tiebreak scores were 9-7 and 11-9.
I didn't get to watch the match but quickly looking through the stats, it looks like it was a commendable performance by Alex despite losing. :cool: #AZrising :p

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Zverev behaved like a real brat towards the end which was disappointing to see. He slipped a few times but nothing serious and I have seen play continue in far worse conditions. He was even mouthing off to the umpire when he left the court. He's 17 so you have to make allowances but he still has some growing up to do. Rosol on the other hand, kept his head down and focused on closing out the match.

I thought Zverev played well but his best tactic seemed to be getting the ball back in court and waiting fro the inevitable Rosol error.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zverev behaved like a real brat towards the end which was disappointing to see. He slipped a few times but nothing serious and I have seen play continue in far worse conditions. He was even mouthing off to the umpire when he left the court. He's 17 so you have to make allowances but he still has some growing up to do. Rosol on the other hand, kept his head down and focused on closing out the match.

I thought Zverev played well but his best tactic seemed to be getting the ball back in court and waiting fro the inevitable Rosol error.
Zverev hit some good winners too. He hit one bh down the line winner from outside the tram lines. He is no pusher. Compared to Rosol he is though.:p

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Promising score-line :yeah: :bounce:

·
Registered
33,355 Posts

It's funny how a Tomic fan moans about players being brats and claims players have growing up to do.... LOL. You are a huge contender for ACC this year. I hope you are #1 Seed and you win the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Lukas :yeah:

Lol, Tomic is one the calmest players on court.
Lukas:yippee:

More prize money now:dance:

This time last year Lukas went on horrible losing streak:hug:...Got that monkey off his back real quick this year:yeah:

Inside Top 50 again:yippee:

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
Nothing wrong with Zverev's behaviour. Anyway he's just turned 17, obviously not going to start smashing top 100 players week in week out. Good effort against a living legend.

On to Hamburg :sport:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
bad sign that zverev is worse than rosol in tight moments...

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Lukas :D two TBs, not a problem. Close one for Alex, but these kind of matches help a lot. Will be a good experience for him, and we'll see him again at this level very soon (then again the germans seem to be giving him every WC possible, so...)

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
It's funny how a Tomic fan moans about players being brats and claims players have growing up to do.... LOL. You are a huge contender for ACC this year. I hope you are #1 Seed and you win the whole thing.
Zverev is a real brat out on court (and I generally don't say that about a lot of players) though, he has plenty of maturing to do

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Lukas beat high school kid:yippee:

:dance:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts