Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a strong chance that, if tomorrow's matches go as predicted we'll have the quarter-final line-up of:

Djokovic [1] vs Ferrer [5]
Murray [4] vs Tsonga [6]
del Potro [11] vs Federer [3]
Berdych [7] vs Nadal [2]

The best 7 players in the world and the world #11, soon to be #10 after this tournament, who is the only other recent grand slam winner.

Arguably the strongest quarter-final line-up in the past decade if it happens...

Emile Heskey approves this message.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
That's a reasonably valid claim. Everyone except Ferrer has played in a GS final.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that would be really strong. They're probably the eight best players in the world when on form.
I suppose the only way you could make it better is subbing out Berdych for Soderling?

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Yeah, that would be really strong. They're probably the eight best players in the world when on form.
In form Soderling is way way better than Ferrer and Birdshit. Probably even better than Tsonga.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Don't forget Soderling.

I think that this could happen, but I think Gasquet has a good shot against Ferru considering the form of the Frenchman and that Ferrer was/is not at 100% physically. The match-up is awful for Richard but he has a very good chance this time.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
BTW best QF-lines in slam- probably AUS-USO would be i think Big 4 plus those big 4 big hitters-Tsonga, Berdych, Soderling, Delpo. This would be i think dream QF squadra:D

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
That's a reasonably valid claim. Everyone except Ferrer has played in a GS final.
If Lleyton beats Nole, nothing will change ;)

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
And please, keep a tradition and give us a nice surprise, AO!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
In form Soderling is way way better than Ferrer and Birdshit. Probably even better than Tsonga.
Agree completely. I miss Le Sod so much, tennis was better with him in the scene...The sooner he returns the better. Though I am not sure he will be able to play at his best anymore after such a hiatus. He isnt very young like Juan Martin...:sad:

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
where is soderling?

has he retired from tennis?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I like Soderling but Australian Open is his worst slam by far so trading him for anybody here would actually downgrade the lineup IMO. If we were talking about Roland Garros maybe.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts