1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R1 - Dudi Sela - Facundo Arguello

opening odds 1.36 - 3.00 (bet365)

latest odds 3.00 - 1.36 (bet365)

Now this match is either blocked or offers 1.36, 1.40 for Arguello.

Also Estrella-Burgos jumped from 1.22 to 1.85 on pinnacle. He is facing J.I. Londero from ARG.

Neither of the argies [Arguello, Londero] has decent results on hardcourts. This stuff looks really strange.

What happens in Bogota stays in Bogota:worship:

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Don't forget about Gonzalez-Donskoy. Opened at 1.85-1.85. Now it's 1.42-2.65 in favor of Gonzalez, who can't really be called a hard court player, in contrast to Donskoy.
That is... meh

Gonzalez is not a hardcourter but you can remember how well he played in Indian Wells. Also he's playing at home, could be a factor. I don't know but @evens i would've bet on Gonzalez too :shrug:

Sela's odds movement on the other side :superlol: Pathetic to say the least

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Odds drifting back on Sela, he's still the underdog but only @2.10 now

Match is about to start in a few minutes

Weird shit

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
And now Sela is the favourite @1.53

Players warming up

What the fuck is this :spit:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Don't forget about Gonzalez-Donskoy. Opened at 1.85-1.85. Now it's 1.42-2.65 in favor of Gonzalez, who can't really be called a hard court player, in contrast to Donskoy.
I guess that was because Donskoy schedule : Winnetka (US) -> Portoroz (Europe) -> Bogota (SA)

Donskoy looked in control after the 2nd set but really gifted the break at the beginning of the 3rd with some awful smashes.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
At a guess, probably manipulation.

We had a lot of this sort of thing in 4-5 years ago, when players like Koellerer/Rochus/Chela got a ..... errm ..... "reputation". Markets sometimes overreacted and you had some really bizarre movements.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Could be a straight money market manipulation...some guys pounded huge money on Arguello at 3.00, after the odds moved they pounded Sela again. Guaranteed money as they now have two bets over 2.0 which especially of the fact that the money it would take to make such huge swings, they will make a nice profit.

Sometimes the players have nothing to do with it, it can just be a group of people with a large volume
Of money making a move.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
At a guess, probably manipulation.

We had a lot of this sort of thing in 4-5 years ago, when players like Koellerer/Rochus/Chela got a ..... errm ..... "reputation". Markets sometimes overreacted and you had some really bizarre movements.
Arguello hit 4dfs at *4-5 and tanked the 2nd set entirely. He engaged in loads of fake racquet throws despite not caring and gave up on many gettable balls etc etc.

Looked to me like he'd sold it.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Bogota has one of the worst fields ever for an ATP tournament, massive fixing wouldn't surprise me

·
MONSOON season.
81,404 Posts
Arguello hit 4dfs at *4-5 and tanked the 2nd set entirely. He engaged in loads of fake racquet throws despite not caring and gave up on many gettable balls etc etc.

It's smart to sell a match you were always going to lose. Might as well get something out of it :lol:

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

Kids these days can't even fix matches subtly, SMH.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I don´t get it you said guys that Sela made DF´s and didn´t care so he sold the match, but Sela was clear favorit yesterday and was supposed to win then out of nowhere odss changed and Sela was underdog - so it was smart move to bet on him in those few hourse when his odds were above 2.0, but how did they do it ? did they announce to someone that Sela is going to loose so odds changed or how they did it to make Sela underdog for few hours

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Wonder if the match fixing arrests announced in Melbourne today relate to this?

Six men have been arrested in connection to an alleged international tennis match-fixing ring.

It is believed the syndicate was based in Victoria and bet on matches in Australia and overseas, with the outcome of the game pre-determined by at least one of the players involved.

The men were arrested in Melbourne and regional Victorian towns by detectives from the Purana Taskforce, which investigates organised crime syndicates.

Detectives are investigating allegations that a number of bets were placed on tennis matches played in both Australia and overseas.
Victorian police statement
Investigators from the Sporting Integrity Intelligence Unit and Criminal Proceeds Squad were involved in the investigation.

A release from the Victorian police stated the six men will be "interviewed in relation to match fixing contrary to the Crimes Amendment (Integrity in Sports) Act".

"A 27-year-old from Brighton, 40-year-old from Daylesford, 28-year-old from Bonbeach, 29-year-old from Sandhurst, 27-year-old from Black Rock and a 26-year-old from Cheltenham are assisting police with their enquiries," the statement said.

The men are still being interviewed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-18/six-men-arrested-in-relation-to-suspected-tennis-match-fixing/5606962?section=sport

1 - 19 of 19 Posts