Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at the Wimbledon qualifying yesterday. I wandered around looking at some of the matches and caught a glimpse of Zopp and Hocevar playing on Court B at some point, not sure what time it was, but they were early in the first set.

Later on I go back to the court and no one is playing. I assume the match had finished. However, as I am making my way out of the grounds, approaching 8.30pm I walk past court 13 and they are playing on that court, and the scoreboard isn't working! As I leave, the umpire announces it is 5 all in the 2nd set.

When I return home to check the results, the official Wimbledon site says just one set has been played before darkness arrived, with Zopp taking it 6-4.

It seems to be a bizarre series of events!

Maybe I should go easy on the hallucinogenic drugs?!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes the match was moved to court 13. I don't know why, but this happened. Maybe you heard the umpire wrong?
Well, if the match was moved, that explains that part.
Regarding the 5-5, not even when I was an umpire I would go back on a game, but I wouldn't say it is impossible. Like abollo said, you could have heard wrong, he could have said "15 all", as there is not a big difference between "five" and "fifteen" if said quickly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, if the match was moved, that explains that part.
Regarding the 5-5, not even when I was an umpire I would go back on a game, but I wouldn't say it is impossible. Like abollo said, you could have heard wrong, he could have said "15 all", as there is not a big difference between "five" and "fifteen" if said quickly.
No. I didn't hear it wrong. They resumed today(yesterday now)at 3-3 in the final set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts