Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Blake was fucking awesome :eek: :speakles:

Of course Del Potro wasn't anywhere near his best though :hug: :awww: But all credit has to go to Blake for sure.

·
Registered
19,325 Posts
Blake didn't play bad but i expected more from Delpo :(

·
Registered
29,420 Posts
Blake played well. Delpo needs to find his form somehow.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Pony looked like he was sleep walking

Blake was solid and took advantage. Really mixed it up by coming to the net quite a bit and was very successful.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Nice volleying by Blake...also good forehands too, hopefully he can get the ranking up and make a run next year at a slam.

But real story, WTF is up with DelPo playing so defensive...he's just rolling the ball in play. No big forehand, no ball bashing, just slicing and heavy topspin...he was retrieving most of the match and hoping for Blake errors. Looking like the South American Andy Roddick out there.

·
Banned
8,385 Posts
blake played well, it was a good win for him.
So many brainless little focks here that it hurts to see, it really does.

for example Bogomolov beat Murray start of the year, Donald Young did too, what do Murray do them now? Yes, destroy them.

You can do your tennis pretty easily if top player simply sucks.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Best match of the tournament so far. It's cool when one of these veterans really bring their A-game. Blake served well, his returning was spot on and he also read the game so well. Often took the ball early and sent rocket winners. Delpo might have been rusty but few players would have been able to handle Blake today. He didn't really drop in level throughout the match.

Blake said after the match it was probably his biggest win in 2-3 years. Said he finally felt healthy and confident again and that if he played his 2006 self it would finally be somewhat close again :) Blake really needed the win and now he got a great shot in the next round too.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Strange as it may sound, I expected Blake to give DelPotro a tough job today, judging on Blake's performance yesterday, which was gutsy & good. I didn't expect this ultimate indoor HC-dissection clinic coming from him, though! :eek:
Just once more folks: never ever write off a former top player. These guys really know how to play, and will take advantage of their experience whenever they are in good form and the opportunity knocks.

DelPotro. What can one say... ~sigh~ not anywhere near to his best, but such is no excuse for such a lacklustre performance. Somehow I start believing that he'll indeed never ever return to that amazing form of his in 2009... it looks like his repetitive injuries have damaged him forever, if not so much physically, much more mentally. He has always struck me as a fellow perhaps just a bit too 'gentle' to really have that killer instinct that is necessary on top level sports, and here it showed again.
Juan Martin, you kind fellow, I so hope I am wrong about this! :hug:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Del Potro in cruise control until the Davis Cup final it seems. It could come back to haunt him in terms of match fitness.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
So many brainless little focks here that it hurts to see, it really does.
Kind suggestion: shut down your computer and have a breath of fresh air outside. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Blake is the same player he always was, just older and even less consistent. Anyone able to keep the ball in the court for more than 3 strokes should have no problem, and when Blake actually makes winners, it only last for a few games before he goes back to spraying.

Why on earth did Del Po take a month off? He'd have been much better off playing the asian swing and resting now for Davis cup. Now he lost his his timing, has no points for the last month, and is losing to losers like Blake. Just such a shame. :sad:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts