7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sublime drop shots in the 3rd. :D

Monfils next.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Re: Stockholm R1: Tomic d. Zopp 7-6(5) 4-6 6-0

Finally he manage ATP 250 win this season.. and really amazing shots in 3rd, its all looking bloody easy

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Finally he manage ATP 250 win this season.. and really amazing shots in 3rd, its all looking bloody easy
About time. This is remarkably his first ATP250 Round of 16!

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Zopp won 2nd set, immediately panicked and broke himself to love with multiple lame errors, missed 5bps next game, and fell apart badly.

Was very competitive before that. Tomic looked a bit like the almost-19yr old he is at the end of the 2nd set though.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Also, first Indoor win in ATP tournaments for him

Now he need to stay on the court to celebrate 19th birhtday :D

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Very close first 2 sets, but in 3rd Zopp just fell apart after wasting lot of break back points.I thought it would happen lot sooner though, good fight in 2nd was kinda surprise for me. His 1st ATP main draw win has to wait until better opportunity.

Still he showed in Stockholm that can compete with top100 guys and even beat them sometimes.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
That was some massive collapse from Zopp in that 3rd set. :eek:
Good showing by the guy in the first two sets though, he looked very cool and confident despite DF'ing at the most horrible moments. Strange to see him fall apart completely in that 3rd set.
Congrats to Tomic and thanks for the cash man.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, first Indoor win in ATP tournaments for him

Now he need to stay on the court to celebrate 19th birhtday :D
That would be good. I'm surprised he's playing this week of his birthday. Given his history, you'd expect him to be celebrating. I really hope he puts in full effort against Monfils because if he wins he'll have to play on his birthday.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

His 2nd 250 win ever (Queens 2010 his first)?
I was hoping someone would point that out. His Queen's win was in the round of 64. So this is still his first round of 16.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Monfils vs Tomic has great potential for severe clowning.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Marvelous tennis from the young superstar. He is just unbelievable to watch; the sport has never seen a player of such unique talent.

The Nard Dogg was not even trying for two sets. The third set, in which he finally decided to play, was an utter bloodbath. This Zopp is a total clown, and he received what he deserved. He should consider himself very lucky to be allowed on the same court as Bernie.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts