Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread :eek:

Epic match, Daveed saved 2 mps and Malisse made 4 str8 aces to 6-5 in the 3rd and lost a tight breaker..

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
David :banana:
X-man :sad:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Epic, indeed.
Terrible quality of a match, Nalbandian was atrocious in the first set until halfway the second, a genuine UE-machine. It was merely due to Malisse being even a bigger headcase completely losing it near the tail end of the 2nd set (I won't even go into that TB here, where he had the minibreak - or even two of them - and only needed to serve it out for the match :help: :eek:). Malisse should have finished it off right there, but completely lost his composure thereafter, handing Nalbandian an early break in the 3rd.

You might have thought it would be an easy victory for Nalby after that brainfart. Well, no, as Nalby showed his ability of choking just as well when serving for the match where he got broken once again by Malisse. :tape:
At least Nalby showed himself the lesser (or 'better', whatever you like, oops) of the two Choke Gods in the final set TB, but omg, what a hell of a match. :eek:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Nalbandian may have a suckie serve, be a choker and lately may spend more time injured than he plays BUT VERY few can beat Nably in terms of point construction. He hits every ball with a purpose, even the errors (and sometimes there are many) are hit with the "right idea".

Watching Nalbandian, even on a so-so day, is like watching chess in motion. Hope the guy can stay healthy for a while, play a few matches in a row and get on another indoor roll.

Bravo Dave!!

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
This match speaks a thousand words about why they underachieved in their careers. Malisse losing this one speaks ten thousand more words.

The escape artist Nalby (there's irony in there somewhere) pulled it out somehow.

Reactions: Harmless

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Well, those 2 MPs were quite good rallies.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
This match speaks a thousand words about why they underachieved in their careers. Malisse losing this one speaks ten thousand more words.

The escape artist Nalby (there's irony in there somewhere) pulled it out somehow.
Pretty accurate assesment as far as I'm concerned. :yeah:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Mugfest really.
BTW, I hate it when umps are chicken shits, and replay unreturnable serves that is called out, but hawk eye shows is good.
It was a serve by Xavier at 5-5 in the second or something like that. Weak by Lars Graff.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Only saw the second set TB from which Nalbandian was 2-5 down in. Crazy 2 match points, long rallies which I really do think Malisse will look back on and regret for being so tentative.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts

He has done it few more times in the past, but also lost a few in the reverse role. I can't find the thread about players and saved MPs. :eek:

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Weird match, both exciting and unimpressive, strangely.
That game in the first set when Dave was serving and 40-0 and Malisse started chipping at the score with a shot that was so precise I really can't even tell if it was skill or luck, was just inexplicable.

Dodig next, which looks okay, but my hopes for the classic Nalbandian indoor season dominance aren't very high after this display. :sad:

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Epic, indeed.
Terrible quality of a match, Nalbandian was atrocious in the first set until halfway the second, a genuine UE-machine. It was merely due to Malisse being even a bigger headcase completely losing it near the tail end of the 2nd set (I won't even go into that TB here, where he had the minibreak - or even two of them - and only needed to serve it out for the match :help: :eek:). Malisse should have finished it off right there, but completely lost his composure thereafter, handing Nalbandian an early break in the 3rd.
Nalbandian played pretty well in last points of the 2nd set tiebreaker and in the first game of the 3rd set to break tbh.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
I remember well returning from school to watch the new generations young bucks on tour mixing it with the experienced veterans. Feels weird to watch these two now as the veterans being shifted aside..

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Nalbandian played pretty well in last points of the 2nd set tiebreaker and in the first game of the 3rd set to break tbh.
Yep, have to agree with you here.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts