Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm incredibly relieved that Frank won that match, after his display of choking in the 2nd set, where he had 5 match points and was leading 6-1 in the tie break, before losing 8 out of the next 9 points.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank was leading 6-1 *1-0 40-15 at one stage and appeared to be cruising, before things rapidly unravelled for him. He never makes life easy for himself it must be said, but he got the victory and that's all that matters.
He will face the double defending champion Blake in the 2nd round.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,419 Posts
I cant tell the exact aces number since in the TB when an ace is made with the 2nd service point it goes for the opponent's statistics :lol:

Stockholm is very fast surface indeed

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
What a thriller! Good for Frank's confidence to win a match after wasting 5 consecutive match points. A choke in the 2nd set dosen't matter when you win the last point of the match...

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Frank only wanted to make the match more interesting ;) :unsure:
and win his first match on the ATP tour after saving MP :D

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Frank only wanted to make the match more interesting ;) :unsure:
and win his first match on the ATP tour after saving MP :D
According to my stats he has won twice being two points away from defeat (Burgsmuller & Del Potro)... and maybe against Parmar because there was 7-6(5) in the third.

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
35 aces from Dancevic?

Sure, he has a very good service but 35 aces in a three set match from him against a guy with the wingspan of Wessels?

Scoreboard cocking up or what?

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
Frank :worship:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Frank's serve is top 10 in the ATP... not surprised he hit 35 aces indoor with perfect conditions and a very fast court!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I'm incredibly relieved that Frank won that match, after his display of choking in the 2nd set, where he had 5 match points and was leading 6-1 in the tie break, before losing 8 out of the next 9 points.
no chocking, faboulus play of wessels but it was a bad match...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I saw the match live at Stockholm Open, great win "Pretty boy" Dancevic!!!

Reactions: musefanatic
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.