Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows the record form most consecutive tiebreaks played ? Isner stands @ six right now.

Enjoyable match if you were expecting what is going to happen.

I felt sorry for Sandgren - he was really into this match, pumped up a lot and he really had a couple of chances on Isner's serve, played a fantastic 2nd set tiebreak. But in the end I think that experience prevailed, cause quality wise it was 50-50

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Awful representation of its sport.
There is a bright side. Isner won in the end.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
With this win, Isner overtakes Nishikori by 20 points in the race, it should be an intense battle for #9 now that Delpo is surely out of WTF. I took a quick scroll through Isner and Karlovic’s career record, longest TB streak I found was Karlovic’s 9 consecutive TB sets beginning with the 3rd set of 2016 USO R4 against Nishikori, including 7 sets at Tokyo and ending after the 1st set of Shanghai R1.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
Typical Isner scoreline!
More like atypical Isner scoreline. Out of 492 3-set matches he played:

• 50 matches (10.1%) had tiebreakers in all sets
  • 290 matches (58.9%) had at least one tiebreaker set (but not all)
  • 152 matches (30.9%) had no tiebreakers at all

·
Registered
491 Posts
More like atypical Isner scoreline. Out of 492 3-set matches he played:

• 50 matches (10.1%) had tiebreakers in all sets
  • 290 matches (58.9%) had at least one tiebreaker set (but not all)
  • 152 matches (30.9%) had no tiebreakers at all
Wow, I would have never guessed! Well, those fast indoor courts certainly make the possibility of a tiebreak even bigger!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I think the boys at Wimbledon will take a look at this score and love it. It the perfect score for a match to have just after they announced the 12-12 TB thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts