Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ironic that Nieminen was the one who ended up hobbling the way Gael has hurled himself around the court this week as per usual. Hope that thigh/groin or w/e isn't too bad.

Congrats to Monfils. It would be awesome to see Jarkko win this title once in his career.

·
Registered
21,934 Posts
1-10 :scared:

·
Registered
29,420 Posts
Awful result. Nemo had 2 BPs in the first game of the third but couldn't convert. After that he just faded away.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Nieminen most of the finals he has played, he has been the clear underdog. Had a few chances here, couldn't take them. Would be good if he could win Stockholm at least once before he retires.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
I really feel sad for Jarkko, he deserved this more then Gael. But Gael is a better player with better serve and maybe is just a tad bit more mental strong though he has a bad record aswell so that was it.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
First french winner since 1982! Monfils was very entertaining all week and really spiced up the tournament. Shame with Nieminen as he deserves a title. His 3rd Stockholm final loss. He put in a lot of effort to turn the match in the 2nd and paid for it in the deciding set.

The stats have been up the wazoo this week. Another match where they can't even list the right amount of breakpoints.
It's breakpoints won not BPs. But yeah mostly the winners/UEs I think they have been a bit generous this week

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
good for you:yeah:

·
Registered
638 Posts
yeah some tournaments don't even get something as simple as stats quite right. I think the shangai master 1000 doesn't even show winners and unforced errors:eek::eek:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts