Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Same as it ever was
20,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeling a little better at times now. I'm able to smile quite a bit more than I was but I still always have this sad feeling in the pit of my stomach that won't go away.

Had an interesting morning when I decided to go to the shops on the train. As I was getting off the train I ran into Matt's mum! She is quite honestly one of the loveliest ladies I've ever met. She turned to me and said hello and then asked me how I'd been going. She told me she was really upset with Matt when he had told her and she told me that I was in her thoughts and that I'm really a beautiful girl. I go for the same football team as her and she asked if I'd been to any matches lately. I told her I hadn't because I haven't felt up to it and she again apologised and told me she didn't want to make me cry and that she knew she's probably cry too if she kept talking about it.

She is so sweet :hug: I do wish I had asked her to tell Matt to give me a call though! There was so much I wanted to ask her but it's so hard to do it.

On Thursday I sent a text message to Matt saying hi and asking him how he was because I missed chatting to him. I got a reply saying that he'd been in bed with the flu all day and asking how I was. It wasn't much but at least he replied and it was contact of some kind. I really don't want to lose the friendship because we really do get along well and he would be a great friend... it would only be the problem for me later on when he meets someone and whether I'd be able to cope with that.

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Glad to read you feel a bit better Peta. And Matt replying to your SMS is a good sign. He obviously doesn't wanna cut contact. Maybe his mum will talk to him, without you asking her anything. She seems to like you a lot. As for how you're gonna react in case he meets someone, I can only wish you to be brave. Take care. :hug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts