Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share this little anecdote about Michael Stich at the Hamburg Masters this year:

I was walking around the grounds with my 5 year old nephew trying to find players to autograph his big yellow ball, Nadal was playing Hewitt at that time, so practically no-one was walking around the grounds.

At one point we see a Porsche 911 drive up to the entrance and Michael Stich walks out in full tennis get-up ready to play. He walked right by us and gave my nephew an autograph. He then walks towards the courts and sees a filthy, wet pizza box lying near the entrance. The guy walks out of his way and picks up this absoluely filthy box with his hands and walks over to the trashcans and drops it in.

I know it sounds a little silly, but seeing an international tennis star like Stich doing something like that just looked very peculiar.

The guy's all class.

-R

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
:spit: what a champ :worship:

Shame he doesn't have so much class when it comes to respecting current tennis players and injuries.

·
Registered
26,078 Posts
Once he said in an interview "I always found and still find that tennis is boring to watch." :retard: He's surely not good in promoting the sport.

I also heard he cheated his insurance. Got big money for his "career ending injury" and only few weeks before he was good enough to reach the Wimbledon semifinal.

·
Motherhater
5,571 Posts
the only memory I have of him is when he broke his ankle in a match (forget the details). They showed the replay a million times. I was in Germany at the time.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Citizen Stich!:yeah:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
He PO'd Navratilova so much that she called him a "One slam wonder." Could be good or bad. :D

·
Registered
3,166 Posts

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Stich is a good guy and he is right, Serena williams was milking it. She had cramp in one leg, i had cramp in both legs, thighs and calves on wednesday night for 25 minute non stop. Thats real pain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts