Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy Roddick, you can see from a mile away he is an American, rememinds me of stiffler, cocky + funny combo.

Sam Querrey and Opelka have very american faces (as of white american mix of British/Irish/German/etc blahblah) so does Isner but in a much more attractive way.

Hewitt has a bit of the australian surfer dude looks, also abit preppy aussie attitude.

I think Moya, Ferrer and Robredo all used to look very spanish, specially Moya with long hair and sleeveless shirt. Fabio looks and acts italian to the bone, Berretini has only the looks but lacks the acting. Gaston gaudio looked very argentinean imo, I can spot him from amile away, so did Vilas, at least those from Buenos aires area. Kuerten is easily recognozeable as brazilian, particularly from the south of the country.

As for Very german looking players, I say Tommy Haas has a very german looking face and Becker just for the sake of being quite blond and fair featured and relatively tall in a big boned way. Stefan Edberg looked like the stereotypical swede we all have in mind, and Novak.. I see him and I right away know he is a Serbian or at least from finaric alps region, the whole family of nole looks extremely balkan. Murray and Family look also very Scottish, kind of vampire features and sort of colouring lol.

Hope ot doesn't come as offensive just wanted to pintpoint how many of the current tennis players are fitting so much their stereotypical country looks.

For france.. well france is quite diverse even without the immigration of the last 50 years, Giles Simon, Gasquet and Paire all have very French faces, even though quite different from eachother. Tsonga looks like the stereotypical french Id think as being half native half foreign background :)

Other examples? :)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is Andrej still around to tell us how much Federer is the typical South African?
He is not, typical sudafrican of european looks, is more like
Is there anyone more Italian than Fabio in appearance, mannerism & name & Novak is half Serb half Croat. Fed’s the tough one to figure out.
Fed looks french swiss for some reason,
Rublev looks like a medieval Russian monk.

Imo not as extremely russian looking as Davydenko or Kafelnikov. If you told me rublev was belgian or something I believe it.. Kafelnikov or Davydenko on the other hand..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Spanish men are good looking studs so i dont get why nadal is so ugly.
It's good get this image but like in all countries we have beatiful and ugly people :ROFLMAO:

For me maybe Almagro is the more nearer to the medium spanish male. Edmund for britsh, Benneateu for French, Murray is very Bristh too. Fabio totally Italian from the South.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's good get this image but like in all countries we have beatiful and ugly people :ROFLMAO:

For me maybe Almagro is the more nearer to the medium spanish male. Edmund for britsh, Benneateu for French, Murray is very Bristh too. Fabio totally Italian from the South.
Edmund

Edmund is south African, just naturalized british, he is in reality probably an euro-mutt and as much as he could be british he could be dutch or belgian, etc. To me Tim henman looked very british, and obviously Murray, but scottish specifically.

Medvedev looks very russian too, I have a Russian friend who looks exactly ,only that he is 180 cm and not 198.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Actually Fabio hails from northwestern Italian coastal town of Sanremo bordering France (speaks French too) so is a rarity from region who resembles & behaves more southern.

·
Banned
222 Posts

He certainly does have the crooked british teeth.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually Fabio hails from northwestern Italian coastal town of Sanremo bordering France (speaks French too) so is a rarity from region who resembles more southern.
People from Northern Italy are not that different from those in the south (not that differences are t there but they are grossly exaggerated by the popular culture aand American media), Salvini is north italian aswell. There are minorities of german speaking italians in sud-tyrol and Trentino Alto Adige areas and yes they look different and much more similar to Austrians than to the rest of italians, people such as Jannik Sinner and Andreas Seppi (who probably the only thing of italian sounding he has is the lastname).

1 - 20 of 81 Posts