Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, all the players of the first league had read the rules and said they understood them.
Anyway, as it seems its a bit complicated in the start, me and Rebecca decided it would be cool to add a step by step example of a round of play. So, Im gonna post here all the steps I would go through for this week if I had started playing this last Monday.
Remember, this is just fantasy, an illustrative way of making things clearer for everyone. :D

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
STEP ONE
A. Checking the Entry System ranking on the following link.
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/entrysystem/

B. Checking this week´s tournaments and its draws.
Indianapolis - Int. Series Gold (1/3/5/12/22/35/50 race points)
Washington - Int. Series Gold (1/3/5/12/22/35/50 race points)

Having checked these informations and my budget of $12000, I come to the conclusion that Lleyton Hewitt (#1 - $5205 value), Tommy Haas (#3 $2960 value), Andre Agassi (#6 $2425 value) and Alex Corretja (#22 $1380 value) are the ones I want in my team.
Adding their prices, you will have 5205 + 2960 + 2425 + 1380 = $11970.
It fits my 12000 budget, so its all okay. :D
I pm the coordinator, Tuesday night, the following

"Hi, your highness :)p)
My team for this week will be
#1. Lleyton Hewitt
#3. Tommy Haas
#6. Andre Agassi
#22. Alex Corretja
Thanks bye!"
The coordinator will then post all the teams when the deadline expires, at midnight or some time after it (you know, we sleep too sometimes. :p)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STEP TWO
All you have to do, during the week of play, is cheer for the players on your team. :p

At the end of the week, we get that
- Lleyton Hewitt lost in the 3rd round at Indianapolis to Canadian Greg.
- Tommy Haas was the runner-up at Indianapolis, losing the final to Felix Mantilla.
- Andre Agassi was a quarterfinalist at Washington, losing to Enqvist.
- Alex Corretja was the winner of Washington

We can then see that both the tournaments give:
- 5 points for 3rd round losses
- 12 points for quarterfinalists
- 35 points to runner-ups
- 50 points for winners.
Therefor, we get 5 for Hewitt, 12 for Agassi, 35 for Haas and 50 for Corretja.

Total points this week: 102 points.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When the new ENTRY SYSTEM rankings arrive, we get that
- Lleyton Hewitt had a third round to defend from last year, and as he lost the 3rd round, so he keeps the same points.
- Andre Agassi had a semifinal to defend from last year, and he only reached the quarters, he lost 50 points.
- Tommy Haas reached the third round last year, and was a runner-up this time, so he gets 150 points up.
- Alex Corretja reached the third round last year, and was the winner this time, so he gets 225 points.

As a result of that, your players will have new values, as follows:
Hewitt - 5205 +- 0 = $5205
Agassi - 2425 - 50 = $2375
Haas - 2960 + 150 = $3110
Corretja - 1380 + 225 = $1605

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the end of the week, as we dont have any tournaments scheduled, you can chose between KEEPING or SELLING each one of your players.
If you keep them, they can get GAIN or LOSE value on the following week, according to how well they do on the real tournaments.
Note that, although WE are not playing the next weeks tournaments, the REAL TOUR keeps on moving, and the rankings as well. So, even if we are not playing, a player under your team can GAIN or LOSE money value, but not points.

So, I check the next week draw and decide that I wanna keep Alex Corretja, because he is playing the Hamlet Cup, but Im selling all the others because they will have the week off.

There I go pming the coordinator again:
"Hi Greatest of the Greats! :)o)
I am SELLING the players
Lleyton Hewitt
Andre Agassi
Tommy Haas

I am KEEPING the players
Alex Corretja

Thanks Bye!"

We will then give you $10690 ( the value of the three players you sold altogether) and keep Alex Corretja on your team.

You go on cheering on Alex, but he cant win you POINTS.
However, with an outstanding performance he can win this tournament as well, and that will lead him to more ENTRY SYSTEM points, which will mean more MONEY to you. :D

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Considering the week to follow, you decide on keeping or selling Alex Corretja and your new team members for the USOpen week.

PS - YOU CANT BUY PLAYERS FOR THE WEEKS NOT ON OUR SCHEDULE. YOU CAN ONLY KEEP OR SELL THE ONES YOU HAVE. PLAYERS ON YOUR TEAM CAN WIN ONLY MONEY FOR YOU.
PS 2 - YOU CAN BUY OR SELL OR KEEP PLAYERS FOR THE WEEKS ON OUR SCHEDULE. PLAYERS ON YOUR TEAM CAN WIN POINTS AND MONEY FOR YOU

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh geesh! that was long! :eek:
Sorry!
Anyway, I hope it helps the people to play. ;)
:wavey: Good luck everyone.

We are doing the whole procedure for next week (Long Island), but only as a test and warm-up for us all.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Thanks, hitman, this really helped :) For those of us with poor and confused minds.

Can two people have the same player on their team? My last question, I swear!

The test run will work out the kinks, I'm sure.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Hackie. :wavey:

Yes, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine or ten people :)p) can have the same player on their teams. Remember that none will know your team and you wont know the others teams, so theres no way you can know who picked who, just when we post them here. :D

And dont worry about questions, bring ´em. :p

Ps - I just noticed I can count till 10! Whooray for me! Mom told me I could and I never believed! :eek: ;)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
:wavey:, hitman! Hackie only visits her love Juan Carlos's forum to serenade him. So you'll have to put up with boring ol' TennisHack in all of the other forums :rolleyes: ;)

I just noticed I can count till 10! Whooray for me! Mom told me I could and I never believed!
:kiss: Heehee.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Thanks a lot Hit! :) Definitely makes it easier to understand and I know what I'm doing now!! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi Fern,
Yeah, thanks for that.

You are the greatest buddy :)
So when do I send the team to you :eek:
I'm an idiot when it comes to the time difference unfortunately. I'll probably be the student at the back who says, "But I did know the assignment was due today, You didn't tell me" :sad:

Simon V

ps......I should be fine I think.........*looks around with doubt in his eyes*

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
hitman & Becca,

Do we send you this week's teams, or are we all posting everything out in the open for the test week (in the test week thread, I presume)?

I can't wait to pick out my players :)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aura of moya said:
Hi Fern,
Yeah, thanks for that.

You are the greatest buddy :)
So when do I send the team to you :eek:
I'm an idiot when it comes to the time difference unfortunately. I'll probably be the student at the back who says, "But I did know the assignment was due today, You didn't tell me" :sad:

Simon V

ps......I should be fine I think.........*looks around with doubt in his eyes*
Thanks mate. :D
You will be fine. The test week will take all the doubts away. And you can always send a pm or contact me by any other way. :)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TennisHack said:
hitman & Becca,

Do we send you this week's teams, or are we all posting everything out in the open for the test week (in the test week thread, I presume)?

I can't wait to pick out my players :)
As this is a test week, we had in mind to do it all in the open. If someone has something against it, SPEAK NOW OR SHUT THE HELL UP FOREVER! :p joking ;)

I will beggin by posting my own team first, as soon as I get the new rankings tomorrow morning. :D
I´ll post some instructions on the test week thread now. :)

Great to see you people are enthusiastic. :D:D:D :bounce:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts