Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted this ready so when Stef starts playing we can post in here instead of using that one long thread.

·
4,635 Posts
Re: Stef in 2019

I wanted this ready so when Stef starts playing we can post in here instead of using that one long thread.
Good idea, and I was wondering if the forum threads could be organised along similar lines to the Safin forum, i.e. an annual photo thread, one for News & Articles, one for videos etc. In other words, rather than cramming everything into this 2019 thread, keep all the different media separate. I think it would be useful in terms of ease of reference and general house-keeping.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

He will have a couple wins over Djokovic!
Nice to see you here :)

Good idea, and I was wondering if the forum threads could be organised along similar lines to the Safin forum, i.e. an annual photo thread, one for News & Articles, one for videos etc. In other words, rather than cramming everything into this 2019 thread, keep all the different media separate. I think it would be useful in terms of ease of reference and general house-keeping.
I agree :)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Stef did not get the year started well. He lost in both Singles and Mixed Doubles at the Hopman Cup :sad:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I don't like the RR format for any sport so I normally don't even watch the Hopman Cup. This year I have looked at it a little to see Stef mainly. I've only watched one complete match and that was Stef and his partner defeating Williams/Tiafoe :yeah:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Stef's results in Sydney weren't that great :sad: He had a 1st Rd BYE then defeated Andreozzi in straight sets, however, lost to Seppi in 3 sets.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

I knew I was missing a match somewhere. Stef defeated Basilashvili in 4 sets.

Next up for Stef is Roger Federer :scared:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Stef defeated Roger 6-7, 7-6, 7-5, 7-6 :hearts: First player to get his first win over Roger in a major tournament.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Stef backed up his big win against Roger by defeating RBA in 4 sets to get to the SFs!

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

In Sofia he defeated Struff in straight sets, but lost to Monfils in 3 sets. In the Netherlands he lost to Dzumhur in 3 sets. What's the matter Stef? :help:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Stef plays Hurkacz in Marseille. I wonder how that will turn out?

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Oh yeah: Marseille F: (1) Stefanos Tsitsipas def. Mikhail Kukushkin 7-5 7-6(5) :yeah:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes, it was a patchy business, he was probably tired and cranky from his flight yesterday. It's good he found a way to harness his irritability and win, to me that's a champion's mindset.

Re: Medvedev, I'm just relieved Stef doesn't have to contend with him beyond Nishikori. Imagine scoring a hard fought first win over Kei (fingers crossed), only to find his bête noire waiting in the next round. He needs to be combat-ready for their next encounter, and I don't think Dubai was the place for it.
(moving from the wrong thread - sorry Mae!)

Agreed - I don't think he could overcome the mental hurdle right now along with the physical hurdle to successfully face Medvedev in Dubai, so thanks to Medvedev for tanking in his R1. Now for people to push Kei to lengthy three setters to assist Stef's cause heheheh

And yes, good mental fortitude on display - there were some big hits from Stef in the third set, where he imposed his will on the run of play - very encouraging to see.

I'm wondering how Stef can back up a deep run (hopefully) in Dubai with then another lengthy plane trip to Indian Wells - where there's more at stake. One step at a time....

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was wondering why no one was posting here. I had no idea that the thread title wasn't clear :facepalm: Thanks for posting here @rexeh :)

1 - 20 of 246 Posts