Mens Tennis Forums banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Re: Stefan's first Monte Carlo! Final vs Berdych

He's been talking about mental fatigue since Miami so I believe it's better for him to rest mentally.

Madrid has too many bad memories and no need for him to keep getting upset with the crowd.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #262

Anyway, BB needs to get him ignoring the crowd and or use their jeers to motivate himself.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

So happy for our great champ:hearts::hearts:

Todays F wasn't so great by the level of Novaks game yet he manages to win, but yesterdays match still leaves me breathless over beauty of Novak strokes, agressive tactical aproaches and sheer tennis inteligence that he displayed against clay king.

·
#freeviktor
93,847 Posts

Came in here for a quick :woohoo: with you all :D

So happy for him :D

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

Didnt watch the match after the rain delay, but thank god I didnt watch the fuckery that is the mid 2nd set.
Ccngrats Lee for your winning thread :hug:

And another yes from me to skip Madrid. Nothing over there but some barbaric crowd and awful court

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

First, Napred to Kralj Nole and you all for cheering to him.

Then I don't really agree with the skipping Madrid case.

1) Serbian people are warriors for ages and not people to skip rivalry and Srbske Dusa bez dna (Serbian so deep Soul) is building its strength on the hate the other are giving.
Some of Nole biggest wins were when pissed off with the crowd (Roddick in USO or Federer everywhere).
If he doesn't go there he will hear some "coward" or "chicken" around him and it is not good.

2) Giving Nadal an opportunity to win Barcelona and Madrid in front of his fans, with all the devotion, the arse licking from TV and newpaper is probably not a good idea either. Because with a huge boost of confidence Nadal can be very dangerous later on.

3) French Open crowd hates Nole, because French people think they are the land of Freedom and Justice, regardless of what they could have made with slavery and colonization. So Serbia is Evil here.
French open crowd and officials hate Nole because they desesperately think that they are part of Rafa records here as if the Fame and Glory and Advertising around those records is springing upon them to give them Fame too
+ many Catalans here as Paris Mayor or French Prime Minister that are publicly promoting Rafa.
So Madrid is a very good warming up for French Open.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Congrats Lee!

What a start of the season! Can you believe it?! I certainly can't :D

But I don't want him to stop. I want more, and more, and more, and more! :armed:

·
Registered
948 Posts

Hugs to all of you peeps in NoleFam :hug::hug::hug:
Isn't our boy performing just wonderfully?

Of course, being ever paranoid, now I'm worried if he'll manage to maintain and enhance his form for RG. :unsure::scared::cuckoo:

If he wins too much, I get scared he'll burn up, if he doesn't, I start worrying he's slumping lol.
We're honestly never at peace, are we?;)

·
Registered
948 Posts

That's the life of a Nole fan :lol:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hi dear Lee, haven't seen familiar people in a while ;) Love that av!

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #274

Hi dear Lee, haven't seen familiar people in a while ;) Love that av!
Love to see you post here too!

How's your brother? Still playing water polo? (Fingers crossed that I remember correctly)

And I need this avatar to keep me in line whenever I visited GM here lately :lol:

·
Registered
948 Posts

Lol volleyball, but thanks for asking and remembering. :) Yup, he's playing at a top level still.

Haven't been to MTF in ages, normally I just read a couple of articles and interviews and that's that. I do have the app now on my phone, so we'll see where that takes me. ;)

Place is full of trolls and bigots as usual, that hasn't changed. However it's nice to see the old gang still keeping the post.

261 - 276 of 276 Posts