Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
again,not surprising. professional athletes, no matter who they are want to play in front of a crowd. they dont want to play in an empty stadium. you strive to reach the top to play in front of those big crowds.

that being said things likely arent going to be back to normal for a long time still. im not sure if he really understands that.

·
Registered
13,972 Posts
It could take over a year for "normal" tennis to return. Not exactly sure why he would want to waste the prime of his career.

·
Premium Member
11,755 Posts
It could take over a year for "normal" tennis to return. Not exactly sure why he would want to waste the prime of his career.
To play in front of 15,000 people at AO.

Any tennis player yearns to play on center court. They want to have 10,000 plus people watching the spectacle and cheering them or booing them as the match goes on... Maybe even Wimbledon center court, if you are blessed.

While all players want this, not all of them can live this reality and or wait for it to happen again, so of course they will have to go back to tennis with no spectators.

But keep in mind probably 90% of the players agree with Tsitsipas , but just have to get back to their 3000 dollar R2 250 loss... and don't have the sponsors , etc to hang around on the couch.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I totally get Tsitsipas.

Normally, when I go for a walk, people gather around me, cheering and kissing my feet. During this crisis, my walks are way less fun, with only occational bows and way less women urging me to take their virginity.

Gods need a crowd.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
He's 21 so physically he's far from his prime. Hopefully for him the same is true for his achievements.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
I totally get Tsitsipas.

Normally, when I go for a walk, people gather around me, cheering and kissing my feet. During this crisis, my walks are way less fun, with only occational bows and way less women urging me to take their virginity.

Gods need a crowd.
I know it’s been weird not having hundreds of women bangin my door everyday wantin to fuck but it’ll allow me to recharge a bit.

·
Premium Member
8,529 Posts
Has that crappy lower ranked player Andrew Harris called Tsitsipas selfish yet?

Reactions: chilazon

·
Premium Member
11,755 Posts
He's 21 so physically he's far from his prime. Hopefully for him the same is true for his achievements.
I don't know where this myth of 21 not being a prime come from. Male bodies are pretty identical from 20 -25 not really big difference.

Reactions: Xristos

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I believe they can make tennis safe, as they are managing in other sports, its not like tennis is a contact sport, and they can play with partially full stadiums, I say bring on the slams!

Reactions: 2MatchPointsDown

·
Your visions will happen
49,990 Posts
I don't know where this myth of 21 not being a prime come from. Male bodies are pretty identical from 20 -25 not really big difference.
21 may be prime for a female, or some physical freak like Rafa

But by and large men reach prime 25-35, physically at least, and societal prime 35-45

·
Registered
22,152 Posts
The higher ranked tennis players need to stop being entitled divas and get over it. The sport need to start, it’s a new era and things won’t go back to normal anytime soon, but it’s time to adapt. The lower ranked players especially need to earn their money and lives. Football has started and that is a contact sport, I don’t see why tennis can’t do the same. Yes I understand it’s more to do with international travelling but they can quarantine earlier and take athletes exemptions to travel.

I understand the concerns of playing the USO because USA is in a mess, with the virus and the current riots but RG and the other non-American tournaments can resume.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I would agree with some posts here. It tends to annoy me all the declarations from top players saying that the tour should resume with spectators only. Of course, everyone prefers to play with an audience, even the number 666 in the rankings but it is time for tennis to find solutions to survive, players above the top 50 will soon need money and if we have to get the vaccine to resume tennis with full capacity stadium, then we will have to wait until the end of 2021 or 2022, so basically, then 60 to 80 % of the tournaments will get bankrupted and sponsors will leave the sport. To my humble opinion, the North American tour in August seems a bit absurd right now, but a clay court season between end of August until early October seems possible if the situation continues to get better in Europe. Then let's make the US Open happen in November either in IW or Orlando with another Master 1000 like Miami where conditions will be fine at this period.

·
|
15,485 Posts
Tennis is a job first and foremost, so hardly any tennis player will agree with Tsitsipas.
99% of players will be willing to play without crowds.
Earning money is the top priority in tennis.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Latin America is just begining with this thing call corona. Us and Canada are about to descend now. Maybe you in Europe could get started soon . But would that be fair for players ??

·
Registered
644 Posts
I don't think Nadal and djockovic can afford to wait for a vaccine if they want to overhaul feds slam total...especially djokovic. Why would you want to let 4 slams slip by while you basically are the favourite to win at least a couple of them even without no fans?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
First off, Tsitsi needs to mature mentally more than physically but he’s still quite young so there’s time for him. As for Novak not affording to wait, for the immediate future, he just needs to prevent Fed from esp. another HC title to reach all time record no.12 first (whether USO or AO) to seal his legacy, then can concentrate on no. 6 WB which unfortunately not attainable in 2020. From there, anything goes so it’s all good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts