Who had a better backhand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stefan Edberg: "Roger Federer is one of the greatest... but I have a better backhand"

As an introduction to his Rogers Cup Hall of Fame induction, that will be held next Monday August 4th in ‪Toronto‬, Stefan ‪Edberg‬ took part in a media conference call organized by Tennis Canada.

He answered many interesting questions, including a comparison between his backhand and Roger ‪Federer‬'s. Hear what he replied on this point and the others, in the entire audio that we received (and transcripted) from the Canadian ‪Tennis‬ Federation.

Read the transcript and listen to the interview»
Download the mp3 file»
Join the induction Facebook event»

·
Your visions will happen
47,298 Posts
Re: Stefan Edberg: "Roger Federer is one of the greatest... but I have a better backh

Well, it is true

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Re: Stefan Edberg: "Roger Federer is one of the greatest... but I have a better backh

At least one of the greats is showing some pride when comparing himself to the players of today.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

:lol:

it would be funnier had Waida said that tho...here people might assume he's seriuos :lol:

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

:lol:

it would be funnier had Waida said that tho...here people might assume he's seriuos :lol:
ahah

·
Registered
82 Posts

This couch It's not very possitive when talking about his protegee, at least on interviews. has been talking about Roger needing a lucky draw, and now highligting his game's advantages over those of federer's what a couch!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

there is absolutely no denying that. everybody avoided the edberg backhand like a plague. the last thing you want to was a short high ball that goes to that side, because the guy following that ball is a monster slice and you're going to get slaughtered. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gZ-K0GQDHA

·
Registered
13,564 Posts

Edberg is the best thing that ever happened to tennis :hatoff: :hearts: And that BH was indeed a beauty of special kind

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

Yes, but too bad his forehand was rather weak. That open forehand grip was so retro and ineffective.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts

Even Rik de Voest has a better BH than Frauderer, so nothing to brag about here.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Who let this Clown free now? Now we have to deal with this thrash all over again.:facepalm:

Even Rik de Voest has a better BH than Frauderer, so nothing to brag about here.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

This couch It's not very possitive when talking about his protegee, at least on interviews. has been talking about Roger needing a lucky draw, and now highligting his game's advantages over those of federer's what a couch!
What a couch :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

Edberg is obviously right here. His backhand was his best shot and one of the greatest backhands of all time.

Federer on the other hand doesn't have an outstanding topspin backhand when we take into account the rest of his game.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts

I didn't think Edberg had any great groundstrokes. He did have a slow kick serve that let him close for easy volleys but that was all he had.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts

I have no idea why the sportsmanship award is named after this clown when he's as arrogant and disrespectful as the "Swiss gentleman". Wasn't any better in his playing days either as he always bitched on court whenever he was losing.

·
Registered
821 Posts

As an introduction to his Rogers Cup Hall of Fame induction, that will be held next Monday August 4th in ‪Toronto‬, Stefan ‪Edberg‬ took part in a media conference call organized by Tennis Canada.

He answered many interesting questions, including a comparison between his backhand and Roger ‪Federer‬'s. Hear what he replied on this point and the others, in the entire audio that we received (and transcripted) from the Canadian ‪Tennis‬ Federation.

Read the transcript and listen to the interview»
Download the mp3 file»
Join the induction Facebook event»

Not only better backhand, but Edberg is overall a better player than federer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts