Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Interesting.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is so interresting? he is one of best returners who cares if he is 4th,6th or 1st....
Well first, Stefan Eddberg is only one spot behind him and Murray is in number 2.

Obviously breaking serve has more to do with just hitting a good return, so there it's not going to be 100% accurate / indicative.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Very interesting that Murray is #1. I didn't expect that.

That said, the stats obviously don't take into consider who the players faced in their matches. Overall, we all know Djokovic's return game is better than Murray's. Not by much, but it is.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very interesting that Murray is #1. I didn't expect that.

That said, the stats obviously don't take into consider who the players faced in their matches. Overall, we all know Djokovic's return game is better than Murray's. Not by much, but it is.
Murray's second serve is so poor, I think it's understandable that he's been forced into compensating by needing to break so much.

I still think that second serve is going to be a hindrance in his match tomorrow man. It's worrying.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
So? We are talking about the return itself and when it is on, Novak's is better than anyone's except maybe Agassi. But Murray and Chang have epic returns too. But then on the list you have crappy returners like Nadal. That is the return game, not the return itself. He rarely puts actual pressure on with his return, it is a starting point,

·
Registered
14,394 Posts
Not surprising that Murray and Agassi are ahead of Djoker...however, return games won doesn't necessary correlate 100% with the quality of the return.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Murray's second serve is so poor, I think it's understandable that he's been forced into compensating by needing to break so much.

I still think that second serve is going to be a hindrance in his match tomorrow man. It's worrying.
He'll be fine. The only players to really punish Andy when it comes to the second serve are the top guys and ballbashers. Dimitrov is neither of those.

Also, Andy is playing superb anyway so you don't have to worry too much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts