·
Premium Member
96,462 Posts
:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should be a rule, retire in singles can't play in doubles if on same day or something, at the very least.

·
Registered
582 Posts
He was in Chile in Monday playing on hardcourt and didn'r recover fully for the singles match.

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
I lol'ed. Faker and Nadull need to up their game.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6-2 5-1 up in the doubles, I am so relieved that Potito's blood pressure is ok, he had me worried there...

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
He didn't recover, he was losing and decided to quit. Doubles is less stress for the body and obviously you have a partner and you don't want to let them down and withdraw. But he had zero motivation or intention of winning his singles match.

·
29,295 Posts
He didn't recover, he was losing and decided to quit. Doubles is less stress for the body and obviously you have a partner and you don't want to let them down and withdraw. But he had zero motivation or intention of winning his singles match.
Very clear that some people don't play tennis in this thread, or if they do, they are at Jerry/Milos level...

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
That's been made clear a long time ago. Not many people on this forum know anything about the game.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
:yeah:

Doubles are waaay more easy to play when you have a slight injury or are tired.
It's a bit shocking to play two hours after a retirement, I know.

Close thread. :wavey:

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
To be honest, strategic retirements and medical time outs are just part of the game now. I'd rather see that than someone injuring themselves needlessly for some sort of bravado.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts