Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised no one has posted it yet. I heard on the Eurosport2 News some 30 minutes ago that Starace was banned because of the whole betting scandal. I couldn't find another source, especially as I don't speak Italian. Can anyone confirm it?.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Post a link in whatever language, there are many people here who can speak Italian and translate it.

·
124,506 Posts
Betting on football if you play tennis, isn't exactly illegal.

·
124,506 Posts
I wonder if it was the same as di Mauro, betting ones that were at other tournaments and not ones he played in.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As I said above, I don't have another source for it just saw it on the news. I remember him being asked about the whole thing during the indoor season (I think by some French journalists). He then said that he would only bet on football matches. That's why I was so surprised about him being banned now.

I don't want to spread any rumours about him. Maybe someone else can confirm it over the next few hours.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Davydenko doesn't even do anything good for the game, I don't know why they want to protect him, get that piece of crap out of the game.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Potito says he bet on tournaments that he wasn't participating in, only for fun, not for profit, and he bet 10 euro 4 times and 50 euro once. He will be charged for carelessness, as he did not pay any attention to the regulations set in place. He'll suffer a 4-6 week ban, preventing him from entering the Australian Open.

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
Potito says he bet on tournaments that he wasn't participating in, only for fun, not for profit, and he bet 10 euro 4 times and 50 euro once. He will be charged for carelessness, as he did not pay any attention to the regulations set in place. He'll suffer a 4-6 week ban, preventing him from entering the Australian Open.
Is it forbidden then for tennis players to bet on matches of tournaments they don't participate in?
Didn't know that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts