Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Futures player banned by the TIU. The Ukrainian was caught both matchfixing and for courtsiding, which is sending score information to third-parties.

A British player named George Kennedy was also banned for six months for betting on tennis. Seems like he's only played a few pro matches though.

Not huge news, but the fact that the TIU has banned 6 players over the past two months shows that they are finally getting things done when it comes to match fixing.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Another Futures player banned by the TIU. The Ukrainian was caught both matchfixing and for courtsiding, which is sending score information to third-parties.

A British player named George Kennedy was also banned for six months for betting on tennis. Seems like he's only played a few pro matches though.

Not huge news, but the fact that the TIU has banned 6 players over the past two months shows that they are finally getting things done when it comes to match fixing.
Wake me up when the TIU catches someone who is a mainstay on the ATP tour. Catching no name Challenger and Futures players is more likely to be an attempt to appear to be tough on the matter when there are higher-ranked players who fix matches.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wake me up when the TIU catches someone who is a mainstay on the ATP tour. Catching no name Challenger and Futures players is more likely to be an attempt to appear to be tough on the matter when there are higher-ranked players who fix matches.
As somebody that works in the world of gambling, I can tell you that fixing on the main tour in the last five years has never happened in a detectable manner. I'm not saying that fixing doesn't happen, but it's very unlikely as is lots of evidence by the amount of money that comes in. Betting companies employ forensic accountants that look for anomalies in bets and like I said, there hasn't been any clear fixes in the ATP as long as I have been working in it since about 2014.

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
this guy used to smoke a couple of cigarettes before and after his matches. sometimes even in the tennis club, i´ve seen it

he is a nice guy, but not very clever honestly

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
As somebody that works in the world of gambling, I can tell you that fixing on the main tour in the last five years has never happened in a detectable manner. I'm not saying that fixing doesn't happen, but it's very unlikely as is lots of evidence by the amount of money that comes in. Betting companies employ forensic accountants that look for anomalies in bets and like I said, there hasn't been any clear fixes in the ATP as long as I have been working in it since about 2014.
So you don't think Dolgopolov vs. Monteiro in 2017 was fixed despite how the odds shifted in that match even though Monteiro had never won a hard court match on the main tour at the time? There was also the timely consecutive double faults from Dolgopolov to get broken. Additionally, some bookmakers even decided not to allow bets on that match. I have to question how you came to the conclusion that it wasn't a fix. Is it because of incompetence or are you straight up willfully covering up the problem?

·
Registered
21,895 Posts
For some reason the scores at ITF events get fucked up all the time. At the last tournament I attended they had the scores online completely wrong for two matches at the same time, giving a set to one player while in fact the other had won it. The other one ended in a tiebreak while they had it as 6-3 online lol. I would have bet it, but it was my own club so would have been a bit awkward to get caught

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
So you don't think Dolgopolov vs. Monteiro in 2017 was fixed despite how the odds shifted in that match even though Monteiro had never won a hard court match on the main tour at the time? There was also the timely consecutive double faults from Dolgopolov to get broken. Additionally, some bookmakers even decided not to allow bets on that match. I have to question how you came to the conclusion that it wasn't a fix. Is it because of incompetence or are you straight up willfully covering up the problem?
Are there any other matches at Challenger or Main tour that stand out for you that haven't been investigated?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For some reason the scores at ITF events get fucked up all the time. At the last tournament I attended they had the scores online completely wrong for two matches at the same time, giving a set to one player while in fact the other had won it. The other one ended in a tiebreak while they had it as 6-3 online lol. I would have bet it, but it was my own club so would have been a bit awkward to get caught
This does happen and many times it is intentional by the umpires to allow others to bet. Many umpires were banned, mostly in Eastern Europe, for doing these exact tactics. You may as well bet it because if you're just an innocent bystander noticing it, you haven't done anything wrong and likely could have won thousands.

·
Registered
216 Posts
TIU is absolutely disgusting. Their absolute goal is to take bribes from poor low-ranked guys, who "got caught" without proofs. I have no doubts that TIU is already soliciting bribes right left and center.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts