Mens Tennis Forums banner

What is Stan's rank position at the end of 2014?

Votes: 6 13.3%

Votes: 7 15.6%

Votes: 20 44.4%

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafa and Nole seem to be in deep shadow right now with the former struggling to play his normal level tennis and the latter with wrist injury. Federer plays decent tennis yet far from his best times. Stan looks motivated. If he could take the FO,he has a great chance to be year end No.1,no?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
He has a legit shot. He's pretty solid on all surfaces and leads the race right now. It's not as if he usually plays better at the start of the year.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
He can do it, but he'll need at least one more Slam and 2 or 3 more Masters. The high seeding should help him in grass/indoor tournaments, but he is unlikely to win any; so clay + summer hard court period is crucial.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If Stan wins the FO (it'll take something special to be able to do it), he's a lock on #1. Seriously, when was the last time a player won two slams in a year and didn't finish as number 1?

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
I wouldn't get on that horse, he's won one slam and one Masters 1000 in like a decade of playing tennis....
But he's only been playing at this level a few months. Who knows what he might do the rest of the year if he can keep playing like this? Right now I certainly don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that he ends the year #1 but I think he'd have to win another Slam.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts