Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stan Wawrinka will be out of Top 10, if he doesn't perform well in MonteCarlo Open.
Its time Stan perform well in Monte carlo and defend his points. I guess, he is good if reaches at least semi finals.

·
Bring it Home
20,502 Posts
He can lose a lot of points in this tournament, but he will not drop out if the top 10, unless Dimitrov reaches the final.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
The good news for him is that he could gain a lot of points in the rest of the clay season after MC though. But he needs to perform better than his usual R1/R2 exits :lol:.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
He hasn't won two matches in a row in a Masters 1000 tournament since winning Monte Carlo last year! He has a tough draw ahead of him. I think Monaco will do it and defeat him in the 2nd round.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
He hasn't won two matches in a row in a Masters 1000 tournament since winning Monte Carlo last year! He has a tough draw ahead of him. I think Monaco will do it and defeat him in the 2nd round.
He did it in Cincinnatti but yeah, it's been a rare occurrence :lol:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Even if he loses his first match, he won't be out of the top 10 unless Dimitrov has a miraculous run (makes the final or wins it, I believe).

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
You'd hope that someone with 3 Slam QFs on their 52-week resume (Wimbledon, USO, AO) would be ranked in the top 10. But yes his Masters results are typically shit and drawing his boogie man Roger in the QF was not an ideal draw but he has opportunities to pick up new points the rest of the clay season, especially in Paris obviously.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Not surprising. More than half of his points were from AO and MC 2014. When those expire he will fail. Unavoidable.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
So, should we start partying?

Nadal- Stan 4R French Open 2015 with M. Norman as a coach.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
It feels kinda wrong that someone with 3 GS QFs on their ranking could fall out of the top 10. Then again, Dimitrov's year end 2014 no.11 was the strongest no.11 we've had in years.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I really hope Stan can win it again.

I am a fan of his, I think he is a brilliant and exciting player to watch and very humble and shy off court. :worship:

Last year at the WTF it was unfortunate he lost that semifinal to Federer. He was clearly the better player throughout the whole match. He was incredible in the Davis cup too and the better player in the doubles. Switzerland didn't give him the credit he deserved. He should have won the number one Swiss tennis player award for just one time.

Honestly I would like to see a Dimitrov-Wawrinka match but my mind tells me the clay courters will beat them. My faith is in Stan because if his "Australian" face shows up then he can reach the final:D

·
23,797 Posts
Well it's Clay. He did well against Tsonga in DC, and all he needs is just that motivation to do well again. I see that MC has been more conducive to his style based on the rallies that doesn't seem like everything is going back to you (as they said probably due to the natural bounce). It was a Bo5 though so it's a different story, but maybe he should employ that style to get his form throughout the match. He won't drop to the Top 10 though because the gap between 9 in 10 is quite big.

Then again, Dimitrov's year end 2014 no.11 was the strongest no.11 we've had in years.
Glass half full for Dimitrov ending 11 in a high haha. This year seem to be a 9-man race though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts