Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the eff was wrong with nalbandian? :eek: his recent form was quite alright, this looks pretty disastrous though...

did anyone watch it?

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
What a tool this Nalbi, was up 3-1 in the first, 1/10 in bp conversion. But expected result overall, Wawa will never again lose a set against Mugaldian.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
That could very easily have been 11 games in a row from 1-3 down in the first, Nalbandian momentarily regrouped from 15-40 down at 0-4 in the second to get that one game on the board. Federer should be asking Stan for advice on how to play him, except Stani doesn't want to be rude and point out that he just has a much better topspin backhand.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
I think a 1 out of 10 BP conversion against a guy who's already a bad match up for you and well the fact that's it's Nalby we're talking about should be enough explanation.
One more and Fatdave will be a pigeon :lol:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
No surprise Stani beat Nalbandian on Nalbandian's best surface, stands to reason Stani could do it on his favourite surface.

Yes, learn this rule kids, tennis is about match ups. Stani's backhand down the line is a very effective weapon against Nalbandian, no surprise that Safin, Stani and Ljubo have good records against Nalbandian.

·
Registered
86,336 Posts
:D :yippee:

·
Registered
770 Posts
He lost 10 games in a row at one point, and it was damn close to being 11 when he was 15-40 down before eventually holding.

Gotta love Fat Dave!

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
what the eff was wrong with nalbandian? :eek: his recent form was quite alright, this looks pretty disastrous though...

did anyone watch it?
i am shocked beyond belief. i guess he is going downhill fast. are the bloody cheese burgers getting in the way again?

he has no business losing to Stan on any surface. what a waste.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Stan was the only one that beat him at the end of last year so this isn't really surprising. :shrug:

Congrats Stan :yeah:

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Well done to Stan. He owns David on a leash and has become the first player to beat him 5 times in a row. Stan loves feeding off the angles that David throws his way and peppering the ball down the line. Stan's backhand the line = Nalbandian killer.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Stan owns Nalby:lol:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
he has no business losing to Stan on any surface. what a waste.
Why am I not surprised that you don't understand why Wawrinka has success against Nalbandian.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts