Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
justice for all
16,249 Posts
It's a pity they didn't stay together until end of this Roland Garros.
One of the greatest player-coach cooperations has come to an end.
Thank you, Norman, for everything you've done for Stan.

Anyone knows what's next up for Norman as a coach and who will coach Stan now?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Really a shame, great partnership absolutely.....y
Indeed this could have waited after RG.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
This is the second time they parted?

·
Super Moderator
9,407 Posts
This is the second time they parted?
Yep and after the first time he held a pc about how annoying it was that they part away

·
Registered
399 Posts
It's a pity they didn't stay together until end of this Roland Garros.
One of the greatest player-coach cooperations has come to an end.
Thank you, Norman, for everything you've done for Stan.

Anyone knows what's next up for Norman as a coach and who will coach Stan now?
He still has Valverdu I think.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Maybe Norman has another player job offer? At

·
Registered
308 Posts
It seems like Stans career is slowly coming to an end. I cant see him win any more big titles sadly. But I hope he can still destroy Djokovic in a slam at least one more time. He is really the only player besides Zverev that can completely dismantle peak Djokovic without much trouble.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Not thrilled about this message. Almost sounds like Stan believes he's achieved everything he could and there's nothing more for him left. And that can only mean one thing... Hopefully, I am reading too much into this.

Their partnership is a great example of the importance of finding the right coach for the right player. They may have not reached the heights they did with different teams, but for each other they were perfect. Thank you, Magnus, and the very best of luck down the road!

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
But why?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I remember when Jarkko Nieminen split up with Jan de Witt at 32 or something he wrote a blog post about how he was that old and experienced that he didnt really gain too much from having a coach. I doubt Stan does much either, after eight years Magnus has shared everything he needs to share.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
It is all speculation and there are some posts that might make sense of it.

What I'm wondering is where on the career ambition continuum is Stanislas Wawrinka at this point in time. This parting of ways would certainly offer insight but of course nobody is privy.

I often say that nobody here can really judge the worth of a coach, but it is worth remembering the fantastic transformation displayed by Robin Soderling before the relationship with Stanislas Wawrinka had been established. He seems like a good guy to be around. I've never seen a Scandinavian I didn't like.

·
Registered
820 Posts
No reasons have been given, as far as I know.

However, Magnus recently wrote (a couple of months ago) on his blog that he has separated from his wife.

Also, he has a tennis academy (good to great) that he runs together with some other retired Swedish players, and he has two twin girls to raise. There is no surprise if he isn't eager to travel with a player all over the world. At least, he might wait a while before taking on another high profile coaching job.

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
It is all speculation and there are some posts that might make sense of it.

What I'm wondering is where on the career ambition continuum is Stanislas Wawrinka at this point in time. This parting of ways would certainly offer insight but of course nobody is privy.

I often say that nobody here can really judge the worth of a coach, but it is worth remembering the fantastic transformation displayed by Robin Soderling before the relationship with Stanislas Wawrinka had been established. He seems like a good guy to be around. I've never seen a Scandinavian I didn't like.
Love you too bro.

Reactions: Burrow

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
No reasons have been given, as far as I know.

However, Magnus recently wrote (a couple of months ago) on his blog that he has separated from his wife.

Also, he has a tennis academy (good to great) that he runs together with some other retired Swedish players, and he has two twin girls to raise. There is no surprise if he isn't eager to travel with a player all over the world. At least, he might wait a while before taking on another high profile coaching job.
That's pretty sad. I hope Magnus is doing okay.

The guy seems like one of the best coaches on tour, especially when it comes to mentality/attitude towards the game. I hope his coaching career is not over and that he comes back to the game eventually.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
the end of a legendary partnership

·
Registered
59,363 Posts
Norman is probably the most sought-after coach in the game, sure he has offers if he wants them

Wonder if Wawrinka is gonna get a new coach or not....he hinted this might be his last year, although I think the events of this year make that less likely.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts