Mens Tennis Forums banner

If you could sit anywhere(choice tier of a surround stadium) where would you and why?

• Behind a baseline

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • At a baseline

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • At a tee

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • At the net

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • In a corner

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had the run of the lower tier of seats in a surround stadium, where would you sit? What would be the advantage to sitting there (as far as enjoyment or learning or other reasons go)?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I said behind the baseline. I think you can really get a good impression of how hard the ball is being hit and how fast the players have to react. Plus, you don't have to keep turning your head to follow the ball.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I voted behind the baseline, too. You get to experience serves and down-the-lines coming your way, and you sometimes get a better look at challengeable paint-the-line balls.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
At the net so I can feel Gasquet's sweat. ;)

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
I like to sit on the side of the court, if you extended the net into the stands, i'd be on that line, if that makes any sense. I like that because you can see the player's facial expressions, and i think it's just got a better view.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
true I agree with you, besides that is the side which tv shows the matches so you are pretty used to that
I said behind the baseline. I think you can really get a good impression of how hard the ball is being hit and how fast the players have to react. Plus, you don't have to keep turning your head to follow the ball.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I've sat at the baseline and in the corner (the USO and Legg Mason) and I have to say that I MUCH prefer the corner. It's one of those spots that people wouldn't think would be good, but people who go to a lot of tournaments (people I've talked to, anyway) claim it's the best spot. You can see and be impressed by the speed of the ball more than you can at the baseline (which is a little similar to the angle you see on TV - very little concept for the speed) but you aren't turning your head to see every ball.

I had the best seat at the USO this past year in the third or fourth row of the second tier corner for Agassi's last match. I watched Federer and Blake from the baseline later that night - meh.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I prefer the corner. I get the practically all the benefits of both sitting near the baseline and the open court views afforded by sitting at the net. The baseline's great for getting a speed of the ball - but I didn't like staring at one of the players' bum most of the time and the court's depth sort of gets shortened.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts