Mens Tennis Forums banner

st petersburg final: murray vs verdasco. who wins?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Muzza must avoid all brain cramps and i worry that he will have a few, of course Nando is known to have a few in his time as well so it could be a crampfest.

cmon son, 1 more win.

Well I just voted for Murray in 2 and now that I think about it, a third set is likely. Even if Verdasco manages to win a set, he will alleviate Murray's pressure to close it out at the important moments. I foresee an ugly match no matter what though.:silly:

Yay, my first non-introductory post!!!:banana:

I love both, and both need another title.

Slightly rooting for Verdasco more, but if Murray got to Shanghai, perfect. Does Murray have to win St. Petersburg regardless of what he does in Paris to get to China? I'm not a frequent MTF poster, so I've probably overlooked that conversation.

I gotta say I root for Verdasco, but with Murray winning it'll be ok also since he'll be able to play in Shanghai. Verdasco currently as someone stated before is indeed a huge mental midget. So i think it sort of swings Murry's way

I gotta say I root for Verdasco, but with Murray winning it'll be ok also since he'll be able to play in Shanghai. Verdasco currently as someone stated before is indeed a huge mental midget. So i think it sort of swings Murry's way
I think Murray will need both a title winner at St Petersberg, AND at least reaching semi-finals to have enough points for Shanghai ... that was the last calculation I heard

I think Murray will need both a title winner at St Petersberg, AND at least reaching semi-finals to have enough points for Shanghai ... that was the last calculation I heard
Nah, that's rubbish. Should he win today, he'd need to out-perform Blake, Robredo and Haas...currently a R3 would suffice, should those 3 all lose their opening match. But yeah, further down the track he may need a SF, especially as Berdman and Gasquet would also be a threat from behind.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.