Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a master troll this Elk. Lured Mad into a false sense of security than went into bot frenzy. A great game to break for the match. Dani must have been mighty butthurt at losing as he slammed his racquet in sheer disgust and neglected to shake the umpire's hand.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Opelka won a total of 7 return points in 12 return games. And then broke Opelka in the remaining two return games.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That was exactly a match that Medvedev could lose and he did. Went for Opelka @17.00, bookies even had him @23.00 at some point...

·
23,538 Posts
Having the Russian Trio all win in the same day sounds too good to be true -- Medvedev really didn't do well in the last parts of the 2nd and 3rd Set when he's seemingly solid for most of the match and on paper should've been able to dictate Opelka in the baseline.

·
Registered
16,429 Posts
that's the danger with Opelka.

Can hold any time, tee off on return any time.. has good strokes, can rally some.

And just peaked out twice when Meddy served to stay in it.

Bad result really.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Medvedev lost because of his own stupidity, trying to do shit drop shot against Opelka when he was 30-0 and 30-15. Honestly, Medvedev has been poor since end of last year up to now. I have seen so many times he choke a match where he was actually dominating. He’s actually performing worse and worse, it looks like he’s declining.

·
Registered
16,429 Posts
What a master troll this Elk. Lured Mad into a false sense of security than went into bot frenzy. A great game to break for the match. Dani must have been mighty butthurt at losing as he slammed his racquet in sheer disgust and neglected to shake the umpire's hand.

u realizing something?

Lol

Reactions: Murray Mint

·
justice for all
15,281 Posts
So Medvedev back to his pre-COVID-19 slump. His only good tournaments this year was ATP Cup in January and USO. The rest was meh... I predicted he might fall out of TOP10 but with the frozen ranking it obviously won't happen now no matter what.

·
Registered
10,938 Posts
To call Medvedev a pushing servbot 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
10,938 Posts
So Medvedev back to his pre-COVID-19 slump. His only good tournaments this year was ATP Cup in January and USO. The rest was meh... I predicted he might fall out of TOP10 but with the frozen ranking it obviously won't happen now no matter what.

Yeap ... was looking at the WTF roster to figure out who would be the weakest link ....

Meddy is one of the candidates and would be preferred draw especially since alternative is Thiem (Tsitsipas can't pass him even theoretically after he drops the 1300 points from last year)

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Opelka was redlining in every important point in the 3rd set, bad luck for Medvedev. I understand his frustration after the handshake.

·
Registered
16,429 Posts
Don't be dumb like that. Meddy played a great match

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Even a player like Opelka has his days, got to give him that.

And this was definitely not how Daniil expected this match to turn out. Not having played well on clay, this was supposed to be his day again on hc.

Has to put this one behind him and concentrate on the next one. And while speaking of that I haven't checked when/where he's playing his next tournament. Anyone here who can quickly shed some light for me on this?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts