Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real tough match, Humbert's lefty servebotting and forehandbotting was quite annoying although Rublev is also at fault for not adjusting his tactics, which he hardly ever does anyway. In the end, Humbert's mental lapses / erratic stretches proved crucial, as he gave Rublev a quick 4-0 lead in the second and lost his nerve at 5-5 in the third. Rublev wins by out-willing his opponent once again.

·
3,345 Posts
It's a shame that Humbert got tight in the end of the 3rd. He was redlining for many stretches and hit some spectacular winners from insane positions, set point 1st set comes to mind.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,569 Posts
Rublev has been pushing the most out of himself lately. Good enough to withstand a difficult opponent.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I really like Rublev's personality, especially when he let's it all come out off the court, or already in on court interviews after the matches, but it's becoming harder for me all the time to watch his dare-I-say pretty one-dimensional game. And he's the one who has to keep playing like that all the time, poor guy, so knowing what a nice guy he is I've started to feel sorry for him.

But yeah, I know that in the end it might also be that he's just using the best weapons he has, not that he's stuck with this style against his will by any means.

And it worked today, just like it's already taken him into the top 10. So what can I really say against all that.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
It's a shame that Humbert got tight in the end of the 3rd. He was redlining for many stretches and hit some spectacular winners from insane positions, set point 1st set comes to mind.
Dimitard watched a tennis match? 😵 Just as I thought this year couldn't possiblyy get any weirder...

·
3,345 Posts
Dimitard watched a tennis match? 😵 Just as I thought this year couldn't possiblyy get any weirder...
Now that I'm paying for TennisTV I feel obligated to watch matches. Even then I'm too impatient to watch full replays so I just skip through the match and watch the best bits lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was worried for "Rubles". I am glad he pulled through. A deep run here will vault him into #8 and get him that much closer to a suprise YEC qualification.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts