1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eurosport Xtra asked Nadal a few quick questions on the grounds of IW:

- what's your favourite colour?
- don't have one

- what kind of music do you listen to at the moment?
- Bon Jovi

- what's your most memorable match?
- many

- who's the worst dressed player on tour?
- Moya! :)

- what does a guy need to do to get to the top?
- work hard

- where's the best place in the world?
- Majorca

He looked really shy and uncomfortable. He kind of missed the humour of the questions but he came across as a nice guy

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
Thanks for posting the interview. Rafa is a very sweet and a nice guy, he has always been that way even before he became number 2, that's the reason why he is my favourite tennis player. Not a mean bone in his body. Why he is hated on MTF defies all logic and is beyond my comprehension.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Poor Rafa. It would have been cute to hear him say that.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
He needs to lighten up a little, but it's difficult to know what context the interview was done in.

Still, no favourite colour? Have an opinion Rafa! :(

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
If Rafa has no particular preferences regarding colour, why should he just pick one just to please someone on MTF. Many people don't have preferences when it comes to colour. He is a tennis player and not a fashion designer. Just any excuse to bash him

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Sweet guy - agree. Can't believe anyone hates him. Saw the i/v though and he really doesn't come across as the brightest button on the jacket...

·
Registered
878 Posts
If Rafa has no particular preferences regarding colour, why should he just pick one just to please someone on MTF. Many people don't have preferences when it comes to colour. He is a tennis player and not a fashion designer. Just any excuse to bash him
You need to get off the defensive. The guy who said that has a Nadal avatar and Nadal in his sig. Why would he want "any excuse to bash him"?

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to do an on the spot interview in a language they have just learned (sort of) in the last 2 years? Besides, those questions were silly and didn't merit any thought in any language.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
:silly:

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Awww Rafa is so adorable! :D
He is still a bit hesitant when speaking in English, but if you read his interviews in Spanish (with help of online translation and dictionaries in my case) he comes across as a very intelligent and thoughtful guy.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Agree with Dhamma.

However, If I were him my favourite colour would be orange ;)

Reactions: DhammaTiger

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Hmmm... I don't get the impression anyone is bashing Rafa because of this 'interview', nor that anyone (except a few hard-core anti-tards) doubts that he indeed is a rather sweet guy.

Rafa never comes across as the most eloquent guy on the tour, certainly not during an impromptu interview in a foreign language. If anything, his struggles with expressing himself in English only make him appear even more endearing to me.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Thanks for posting the interview. Rafa is a very sweet and a nice guy, he has always been that way even before he became number 2, that's the reason why he is my favourite tennis player. Not a mean bone in his body. Why he is hated on MTF defies all logic and is beyond my comprehension.

it is possible that the only people who hate him are those who think that he has singlehandedly stopped Fed from claiming that he is the "greatest ever".

it could be turned around as well. Fed has stopped the Spaniard from becoming #1. Nadal could have had 5 slams already instead of just 3.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Because it's music for chicks. :devil:

Stefanos :hug:

Anyway, this was cute:
- who's the worst dressed player on tour?
- Moya!

his favorite movie is "the gladiator". and surely he listens to spanish music. he probably just said bon jovi since the interviewer was probably familiar with the american bands. who knows.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts