Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what is happening with hard court tennis. To be honest with you, it is getting so repetitive seeing guys constantly playing from the baseline. It is also getting tiresome seeing long rallies. They need to speed up the courts in all hardcourt events. If you are going to play hardcourt tennis, then it needs to play like that. Not this playing clay court style that you see. If tennis does not change, it is going to decline further compare to other sports. I mean when they slowed down Wimbledon I mean come on. Either you know how to play on all surfaces or you dont. Dont slow down surfaces (hardcourt, indoor and grass)to please claycourt style tennis for the whole tennis season. Just an opinion.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
That's one point of view, but it certainly isn't the only one.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
I dont know what is happening with hard court tennis. To be honest with you, it is getting so repetitive seeing guys constantly playing from the baseline. It is also getting tiresome seeing long rallies.
Tought times ahead for you :hug:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
It makes as much sense as it can to have IW and Miami be slow hardcourt events because they lead into the Euro clay swing.

Personally I'd have IW and Miami in January/early Feb, AO in February and then a longer clay season March - May/June. And an extra week or two for grass.

As for your "speed up all courts" opinion: Courts that are too fast would become all serve borefests with today's more powerful players and racket technology. If it's a choice between all serve or long rallies, I choose long rallies. This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Miami has a history of being a fairly slow hardcourt. There's some value to preserving that aspect, imo.

Not as sure about Indian Wells over the years...

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Speed is probably easier to get in Miami than Indian Wells.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Everyone would still play from the baseline even if courts were fast. The only difference would be even more serve-fests. And judging by the amount of people that complain about that, it's probably not a good thing.

·
Registered
32,170 Posts
It makes as much sense as it can to have IW and Miami be slow hardcourt events because they lead into the Euro clay swing.

Personally I'd have IW and Miami in January/early Feb, AO in February and then a longer clay season March - May/June. And an extra week or two for grass.

As for your "speed up all courts" opinion: Courts that are too fast would become all serve borefests with today's more powerful players and racket technology. If it's a choice between all serve or long rallies, I choose long rallies. This is just my opinion.
Everyone would still play from the baseline even if courts were fast. The only difference would be even more serve-fests. And judging by the amount of people that complain about that, it's probably not a good thing.
:rolleyes: Typical Nadal fans. :rolleyes: Go watch some moonballing :rolleyes:

We want real tennis.:wavey:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
T think that SOME hardcourts should be faster but I macs making a good point in that IW and Miami are right before the clay season. Im sure this isnt done on purpose though but we are already seeing the big servers having success on these "slow" hardcourts so its still in their advantage isnt it? I also dont think its long boring rallies.

And players dont come in because they dont want too!

·
Registered
32,170 Posts
and that would be ?

ace 15-00
service winner 30-00
ace 40-00
Double Fault 40-15
service winner

game Karlovic Cilic Ancic Ljubicic? although just to mention i rate Ancic and Cilic high :p
What about some volleying? winners? aggressive play?

Players like that are limited with the surfaces, and fucking pussies like Murray and some other Spanish ****s are benefited.

·
Registered
39,787 Posts

Players like that are limited with the surfaces, and fucking pussies like Murray and some other Spanish ****s are benefited.
do u think blake or berdych lost because the hard court was too slow or because one is a brainless ballbasher and the other plays 3 good matches and throws a terrible on that

tsonga lost in IW serving for the match because the surface was too slow? or because he shits his pants and couldnt get a first serve in?

blake berdych and tsonga are aggressive players no?

·
Registered
32,170 Posts
do u think blake or berdych lost because the hard court was too slow or because one is a brainless ballbasher and the other plays 3 good matches and throws a terrible on that

tsonga lost in IW serving for the match because the surface was too slow? or because he shits his pants and couldnt get a first serve in?

blake berdych and tsonga are aggressive players no?
Yes they are.

But Nadal knows both.He is still a moonballer,but he showed he can play some aggressive tennis,and is mentally miles ahead of these 3 guys.

·
This space for rent.
612 Posts

"Pussies and ****s"? I'd love to be around if/when you had the balls to use these names when addressing any of them personally.

How good are the hospitals in Croatia and do you have socialized medicine? Because you'll be needing both to put your pieces (and feces) back together.

Try some decaf, dipshit. Or better yet, a cranio-rectal inversion.

·
Registered
32,170 Posts
"Pussies and ****s"? I'd love to be around if/when you had the balls to use these names when addressing any of them personally.

How good are the hospitals in Croatia and do you have socialized medicine? Because you'll be needing both to put your pieces (and feces) back together.

Try some decaf, dipshit. Or better yet, a cranio-rectal inversion.
:haha:

Please buy yourself a brain.ASAP.:eek:

·
Registered
39,787 Posts
Yes they are.

But Nadal knows both.He is still a moonballer,but he showed he can play some aggressive tennis,and is mentally miles ahead of these 3 guys.
wait a second do u want to speed up the courts because these aggressive players are mentally weak? make it faster so nadal cant get to a fh from blake because he might miss too many in a 3 set match?

i just gave u 3 aggressive players who can play successfully on this court so there is no problem with the speed

·
Registered
32,170 Posts
wait a second do u want to speed up the courts because these aggressive players are mentally weak? make it faster so nadal cant get to a fh from blake because he might miss too many in a 3 set match?

i just gave u 3 aggressive players who can play successfully on this court so there is no problem with the speed
Faster courts would suit them more.Just like slower courts suit Nadal more.
A HC should stay a HC.And not make it look like clay more and more every year.
That's my point.

·
Registered
39,787 Posts
Faster courts would suit them more.Just like slower courts suit Nadal more.
A HC should stay a HC.And not make it look like clay more and more every year.
That's my point.
as long as aggressive players and good servers are successful on such courts there is no change needed imo

1 - 20 of 46 Posts