Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mahut x Roddick x Murray @ 2.92

Mahut my special of the day here, to wipe the court with that mug Almagro.

Leans on Gonzo and Querrey. Will post more later.

·
Registered
12,130 Posts
MAU was in good form in Zagreb..i watched tha match with Mario...nice performance...but outdoor i wonder if he colud repeat that...

His style with many backhand slices and without real waepon from the ground colud be nice matchup for "the mug"....

the balls isnt that fast ans it is easier to do tha passing shot for aalmugro when Mau will not be able to make a perfect volley

and the price isnt that tempting IMHO...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mirniy over Stepanek @4.1
Odds are definitely worth a shot. Although I haven't seen a match of his in IW, Mirnyi seems to be playing well. The match will depend very much on Mirnyi's first serve percentage. Don't know much about the weather conditions. Heard it might be windy out there. Anyway he is on a 3 match winning streak and will want to prolong it. However, I respect Radek too much and will stay away from this one.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Tennis - ATP 03/17 04:30 Hewitt v Querrey: Querrey 2.44 4/10 Betfair
Tennis - ATP 03/16 21:30 Ancic v Gonzalez: Ancic -2.5 1.85 7/10 Fonbet
Tennis - WTA 03/16 21:30 Safina v Harkleroad: Harkleroad 3.40 4/10 Betfair
Tennis - ATP 03/16 19:00 Mahut v Almagro: Mahut 2.20 3/10 Betfair
Tennis - ATP 03/16 19:00 Massu v Robredo: Massu 2.43 5/10 Betfair
Tennis - ATP 03/16 19:00 ATP Treble Karlovic, Verdasco, Murray 1.93 4/10 Unibet

Nice statistic and the reason I took Mahut over Almagro:
Almagro hasn't won a first match after coming off clay since 2005! Everytime he played a clay tournament or even a single match he would lose the next one. His lost matches directly after clay:
25/2006 ATP Nottingham (GBR) Grass Daniele Bracciali Nicolas Almagro 1-6 6-3 7-6(7) First
32/2006 ATP Toronto (CAN) Hard Ivan Ljubicic Nicolas Almagro 7-5 6-1 First
41/2006 ATP Vienna (AUT) I_Hard Carlos Moya Nicolas Almagro 3-6 6-3 7-6(3) First
10/2007 ATP Indian Wells (USA) Hard Thomas Johansson Nicolas Almagro 7-6(4) 7-5 Second
26/2007 ATP Wimbledon (GBR) Grass Dmitry Tursunov Nicolas Almagro 7-6(2) 6-4 6-7(7) 6-3 First
32/2007 ATP Montreal (CAN) Hard Michael Russell Nicolas Almagro 2-6 7-6(3) 6-3 First
41/2007 ATP Vienna (AUT) I_Hard Mardy Fish Nicolas Almagro 6-7(4) 6-2 6-4 First

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
why ferrero odds so high? any injuries ???

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hewitt @1.654
Gonzo @2.54
JCF @1.719

GL

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Nice statistic and the reason I took Mahut over Almagro:
Almagro hasn't won a first match after coming off clay since 2005! Everytime he played a clay tournament or even a single match he would lose the next one.
Statistically - when I go with my dog for a walk, we both have three legs.

Almagro's style can make some serious damage outside clay, while Mahut is a :retard: outside grass and indoors.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Statistically - when I go with my dog for a walk, we both have three legs.

Almagro's style can make some serious damage outside clay, while Mahut is a :retard: outside grass and indoors.
Mahut is dangerous as well and is not the type of player you want to play when you are not fully accustomed to the surface yet. Your passing shots will have to be up to the mark.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Mahut is 12-25 in last 5 years on ATP outdoor hard with defeats to Fleishman, Devilder, Guillermo Alcaide (???) and Volandri in 2007. This is better statistic.

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Mahut is just one of those very difficult players to bet on, can lose to anyone, but can beat anyone.

I think its his style of tennis that is the cause of this.

Haas 7/2 to beat roddick- Wow.

The bookies must know something

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Still that mug annihilated Almagro in their previous encounter and has a positive record on both outside and indoor hardcourt, while Almagro has a negative record on both..

If you pick out the right stats everyone can seem a mug and everyone can seem as good as Federer..Just be sure to pick the right ones ;)

He annihilated Almagro 62 64 in France on fast indoor surface 4 years ago, when Almagro was 19 years old and played only his 3rd challenger level match indoors in career.

Mahut has very negative record on outdoor hard on ATP level, I don't know where did you take that stat from. I am not counting challengers and qualifying sessions - in last 5 years he has won 32% of his ATP level outdoor hard matches

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Mahut is just one of those very difficult players to bet on, can lose to anyone, but can beat anyone.

I think its his style of tennis that is the cause of this.

Haas 7/2 to beat roddick- Wow.

The bookies must know something
Haas has been struggling ever since he came back from his shoulder injury and that's simply why the odds are so high on him.
Question is: Was his win over Benneteau, with two impressive sets, a fluke or is he back in form? I haven't seen the match (only the stats) so I can't see if Benny was just bad or Haas was that good..

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
He annihilated Almagro 62 64 in France on fast indoor surface 4 years ago, when Almagro was 19 years old and played only his 3rd challenger level match indoors in career.

Mahut has very negative record on outdoor hard on ATP level, I don't know where did you take that stat from. I am not counting challengers and qualifying sessions - in last 5 years he has won 32% of his ATP level outdoor hard matches
That's true, but this was more the prove my point that statistics can be turned just the way you like it.

There are positive and negative points for both players, let's just keep it at that. Mahut has the bigger serve and his serve-volley is hard to play. The fact that Almagro can't win after claytournament is another advantage. Disadvantages can be his inconsistency, Almagro's better movement, the fact that Mahut struggles on outdoor hard and that the court isn't extremely fast.

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Haas has been struggling ever since he came back from his shoulder injury and that's simply why the odds are so high on him.
Question is: Was his win over Benneteau, with two impressive sets, a fluke or is he back in form? I haven't seen the match (only the stats) so I can't see if Benny was just bad or Haas was that good..
Yes unless u saw its very tough to read, whatever happens i will be taking haas on handicapp, seems to like playing a-rod too 6-3 h2h, when your playing roddick its more to do with the brain, winning tactically, so i think haas can cover the spread and hopefully force a 3 setter or a few tie-breaks, simply too big.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Yes unless u saw its very tough to read, whatever happens i will be taking haas on handicapp, seems to like playing a-rod too 6-3 h2h, when your playing roddick its more to do with the brain, winning tactically, so i think haas can cover the spread and hopefully force a 3 setter or a few tie-breaks, simply too big.
Handicap is pretty big..especially since A-Rod hardly attacks on his opponents' serve..he likes it with just one break or tiebreak at max.

Be careful in judging the H2H by the way..it's not 6-3 but 6-5, and 4 out of 6 Haas wins were on clay..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts