5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Would be a fine tournament if they sped up the courts and changed the scheduling a bit.

But, it needs to stay in the US. I'd love to see someone build a facility in Tampa.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:banghead:
Don't be so negative. Dubai is one of the few fast courts on the tour. Would really like a M1000 there.

Would be a fine tournament if they sped up the courts and changed the scheduling a bit.

But, it needs to stay in the US. I'd love to see someone build a facility in Tampa.
Unfortunately the NHL/NBA regular seasons aren't over in mid-March. They could've moved this tournament to indoors and give it to the arena of some team that never makes the playoffs.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
I hope it moves to another country. USA has more than enough tournaments without it.
What does the US really have, for being such a huge country? Not much.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Don't be so negative. Dubai is one of the few fast courts on the tour. Would really like a M1000 there.

Unfortunately the NHL/NBA regular seasons aren't over in mid-March. They could've moved this tournament to indoors and give it to the arena of some team that never makes the playoffs.
An asian tournament next to an american one doesn't seems like such a good idea to me.

Maybe would be a better idea to move Cincy Open to March and making both Toronto and Montreal every year in August. :cool:

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
An asian tournament next to an american one doesn't seems like such a good idea to me.

Maybe would be a better idea to move Cincy Open to March and making both Toronto and Montreal every year in August. :cool:
I wouldn't really be surprised if Dubai wanted a M1000. I guess it'd be Dubai M1000 followed by IW M1000, just like IW already now follows Dubai. Cincy might be too cold in March.

The ideal would be replacing Miami with a pre-Wimby grass Masters in Halle.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I wouldn't really be surprised if Dubai wanted a M1000. I guess it'd be Dubai M1000 followed by IW M1000, just like IW already now follows Dubai. Cincy might be too cold in March.

The ideal would be replacing Miami with a pre-Wimby grass Masters in Halle.
MAKE. IT. NOW.

·
Your visions will happen
47,138 Posts
Switch to green clay, keep it in Miami

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
US Open (Slam)
Indian Wells (M1000)
Miami (M1000)
Cincinnati (M1000)
Washington (500)
San Jose (250)
Delray Beach (250)
Houston (250)
Memphis (250)
Newport (250)
Atlanta (250)
Los Angeles (250)
New Haven (250)
Yeah, it's not that much for such a huge country. If you take away a 1000 then it's a prett pitiful list.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
US Open (Slam)
Indian Wells (M1000)
Miami (M1000)
Cincinnati (M1000)
Washington (500)
San Jose (250)
Delray Beach (250)
Houston (250)
Memphis (250)
Newport (250)
Atlanta (250)
Los Angeles (250)
Winston-Salem (250)
Not anymore San Jose and L.A.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Miami, like Cincinnati is not that vital to anything. The court they have a Miami is terrible, too slow of a hard court. The best thing would be to switch it to Clay, but proper Clay. Not that American stuff they play on the women's tour.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
If that's a pretty pitiful list then what does it say about tennis in Russia, China, Brazil, etc.? They are big countries and have virtually nothing in comparison.
It says that they don't have the combination of money, infrastructure, and influence that the US has. I mean, I'm not trying to sound pompous, but the US is leaps and bounds ahead of places like Brazil.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
If that's a pretty pitiful list then what does it say about tennis in Russia, China, Brazil, etc.? They are big countries and have virtually nothing in comparison.
It says that their association is not as big as the US. Also, it is a statement on their economy. Credit ratings (S&P) Brazil's credit rating: BBB- China: AA- Russia: BBB- US: AA+
Also, China has a lot of tournaments on the WTA Tour. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
I hope the tournament doesn't move from Miami, the location is great and the United States of America is the most important country in terms of tennis investments.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts