Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Who is the victim of Roland Garros's alleged bullying?
The USO, the ATP and the WTA, who were treated with such extreme contempt. Not to mention all the tournaments surrounding the new dates, which will all be affected.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A consierable portion of the tennis community is showing itself to be a bunch of oversensitive crybabies.
Nah, they're showing themselves to have the backbone to stand up to egotistical shitheads who think they can act unilaterally.

And crybabies like you can't handle it when we punch back against bullies.

·
Your visions will happen
46,916 Posts
I see USO moving into October so they both can be played

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The USO, the ATP and the WTA, who were treated with such extreme contempt. Not to mention all the tournaments surrounding the new dates, which will all be affected.
It is there fault for procrastinating, RG took the dates. The early bird got the worm. There are no victims really, they can go and grab their own new dates.

We live in an era where false victims fabricate victimbood.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It is there fault for procrastinating, RG took the dates. The early bird got the worm. There are no victims really, they can go and grab their own new dates.

We live in an era where false victims fabricate victimbood.
Yeah right. The majors can just go grab the dates that suit them and screw all the smaller tournaments who already had those dates?

In plain English, when you take things that belong to other people, it's called stealing.

Your argument is effectively that theft is a victimless crime.

And theft, my friend, has been a sin and a crime in all eras and in all cultures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So you will rather keep all the players depending on GS money without their main payday in order to preserve some ATP 250 tournament? Are you aware how many players are depended of GS tournaments in order to make their living? By not cancelling the RG this year players will receive 43 million Euros in prize money! Who will subsides this earnings to the players? Laver Cup?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So you will rather keep all the players depending on GS money without their main payday in order to preserve some ATP 250 tournament? Are you aware how many players are depended of GS tournaments in order to make their living? By not cancelling the RG this year players will receive 43 million Euros in prize money! Who will subsides this earnings to the players? Laver Cup?
Again, NOBODY is suggesting that the FO should not take place.

Literally nobody.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Angry Fedtards are just mad Rafa is going to get #20 at RG2020.

Nothing more to see here
The chances of any tennis being played thus year are exceedingly slim. There will be no RG2020.

But the fallout from this disgusting episode will last for years.

Crises tell you a lot about people's moral character.

Some people do shopping for their elderly neighbours; some hoard toilet paper.

We now know, without any doubt, what category the Guy Forget and the FO fall into.

The ignominy of it all. Trust me, this will never be forgotten.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Those are just general words, give me a specific solution.
All three remaining slams shift back in the calendar. At least 2 weeks between slam tournament. Smaller tournaments receive compensation.

That would leave a very congested autumn, but weather dictates that any later would be impossible.

The specific calendar would not be hard to work out from those principles.

It wouldn't even have been too hard to find a compromise, if the FO hadn't acted like utter shits.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not true. If you read the article carefully, you will see that there was genuine compromise and coordination on the new calendar.

This is precisely what was lacking in the French Open's selfish, aggressive, unilateral grab.
I get you are a Federer fan and do not want Nadal breaking his slam record. But is it really relevant now? Things are way more serious than we all thought when FO moved the tournament. The reality is if we look back in history this may be the 4th plague. If it is, and it is almost identical in how it has started to what has happened before when there were human culls in the millions, then tennis and pretty much life as we have known it is over.

I am sorry to be so negative, but not all of us are coping well. Armies on the streets across the world and economies everywhere shut down just does not seem to be the reaction to a short term issue.

If it cheers you up then I can say no tennis will be played again as we know it. So Federer probably keeps his slam record. If that is a source of comfort for you if and quite possibly the end comes in a few years, then it genuinely pleases me even though I am not a Federer fan.

Enjoy life.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I get you are a Federer fan and do not want Nadal breaking his slam record. But is it really relevant now? Things are way more serious than we all thought when FO moved the tournament. The reality is if we look back in history this may be the 4th plague. If it is, and it is almost identical in how it has started to what has happened before when there were human culls in the millions, then tennis and pretty much life as we have known it is over.

I am sorry to be so negative, but not all of us are coping well. Armies on the streets across the world and economies everywhere shut down just does not seem to be the reaction to a short term issue.

If it cheers you up then I can say no tennis will be played again as we know it. So Federer probably keeps his slam record. If that is a source of comfort for you if and quite possibly the end comes in a few years, then it genuinely pleases me even though I am not a Federer fan.

Enjoy life.
I totally agree that the coronavirus is way more serious than tennis.

That's what makes the FO's predatory move so disgusting.

It's a time of great anxiety, but at least we know what the virus is (thanks to the quick sequencing and sharing of the DNA by Chinese scientists) and that a vaccine is merely a matter of months.

The coronavirus will cause great harm, but less so than the regular polio outbreaks in the early part of the 20th century.

Moreover, we know what we can do to help: wash hands, social distancing and do shopping for elderly or vulnerable neighbours.

Unfortunately for the western world, a virus outbreak relies on decisive government action and responsible leadership, precisely at a time when the electorates of some of our biggest democracies thought it would be funny to elect buffoons.

But don't worry too much either: this won't be the Black Death. In fact, once a vaccine is developed, it's checkmate coronavirus.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
But don't worry too much either: this won't be the Black Death. In fact, once a vaccine is developed, it's checkmate coronavirus.
Not true as it can easily mutate, actually it's highly likely it becomes like the flu, which even with a vaccine cause deaths every year.

All this because someone thought eating bats was a good idea...

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I don't think FO is gonna be played anyway... Not seeing past USA hitting 50000 cases today.
While I'll agree that the FO are not happening, you have to be careful to take whats happening in the US as a blueprint for the world. Very few countries have acted so stupid as the Trump administration.

Most countries have done the only right choice and went into the lockdown. Now these measurements slowly seem to work, the courve is flattening. It will take its time to cope with the crisis, but it looks like the total collapse of the health system can maybe be averted. Lets hope they find some meds that help with the treatment soon, then we can controll it further till the vacchine is developed. That life will not be the same and large gatherings will be forbidden is a given, at least in 2020.

Meanwhile, the US is talking about easying their restrictions already out of fear their system will collapse and the rich fuckers can't cement their power positions anymore. The greed and extended capitalism will be the undoing of the US.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts