Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge match from Nikola today against Trungelitti, almost hitting unforced errors only. Break at 0-0 in the second set is also very questionable, letting Marco to touch the ball just twice for that break.

Odds also changed drastically pre match, so we might have a contender for a TIU investigation.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yeah, those UE and DF seem really bad, you might be right.

His form has been going down since FO though. It's also possible that he just tanked the match without "selling" it. Trungelliti had 1-0 h2h before the match, so maybe it's a bad match-up/bad day in the office combined for Nikola.

Just to add that I considered placing a bet on this match but I steered clear of it as it was unclear to me who would win.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
His form has been going down since FO though. It's also possible that he just tanked the match without "selling" it.
Big, big odds movement just before the match started. Big money placed @ Trungelliti.

I read Pinnacle Sports is taking their time to settle the bets. There must be something very ugly for that to happen.

·
Registered
21,901 Posts
He went from 1.4 to 3.0 in 20 minutes before the match :ROFLMAO:

Trungelliti lost in straights to someone ranked outside of the top 1000 in his previous match

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Where is Polgodolov?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Definitely looks like a fix for me. Huge market swing before the match from Trungelliti being 3.0 or more to about 1.3 indicates a ton of money coming in on him.

Also, I suspect that 1st game in the second set may have been a 'spot fix'. If whoever was in the crowd with Milojevic was in on it, once he went up 40-0 he could have given him a sign that he had bet on Trungelliti to win the game. It would usually pay about 20-1 to 40-1 for him to win the game at that point, so even betting $100 would next what is usually a max in-play return of 2k. With a few accounts, they could add an additional 10k in profit on one game alone.

I know of one instance of spot fixing in-play before, where an Italian player was getting up 30-0 and then tanking matches to raise the odds.

The fact that like 80% of the points he lost were either into the net or wide make it really seem like a fix to me, combined with the other information.

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
Should be banned for life for this blatant robbery.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
After a lengthy investigation - The Pinnacle Sports has voided all the bets for this match. The people behind this fix must have got very greedy with this fix and placed just too big bets. Stuff like that wont go unnoticed.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I watched a bit the end of the first set and the start of the second set, yes, the behaviour of Milojevic was very strange. He was 40-0 up in the first game of the second set, and then made huge mistakes, did not care at all. Same when he was broken for the second time in this second set. Trungelitti was completely out of form and confidence the last couple of weeks, so strange he won so many games so easily.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Tennis is the easiest sport to fix. Let that sink in. The gambling vultures know it too. Let that sink in.

Oops i forgot: "It ONLY happens in the lowest levels in futures and challengers, never on the main tours. Never."

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ahem Boy Westerhof ahem Antal van der Duim ahem.
This is likely an unpopular oppinion but it almost looks stupid to me to be a player outside of the top100 and not have fixed at least a couple of matches throughout your career. Even at a Challenger Round 1 yesterday a guy made an extra 300 euros for winning the match, this is peanuts compared to what the bookmakers made with that match alone.

Plus the fact that these guys play 20+ tournaments a year and can definately afford to take a few first rounds... We can all sit on our moral high horse and condemns these but im sure 99% of the people would do the same thing. Theres an obvious opportunity to make money and people take advantage of it. At the end of the day this is the bookmakers fault and its also their lose. The sport doesnt lose anything with it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've seen many fixed matches and this aint one, tank maybe yes but i doubt it was for money. if he really fixed it, he would do it in play on betting exchanges, not prematch.
IN fact, the match played at the moment between Pedro Martinez and Andrea Arnaboldi looks more of a fix, Martinez was a huge fave at 1.1 and arnaboldi was 10 to 1 to win and its 1-6 0-2 in favor of the italian with some strange play. and Martinez is now 5-6 odds to win. Martinez could still win from here of course. This is how they fix marches 10 odds on one side and 6-7 on the other, so one can make 60-70 times your money whitin the same match.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts