Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,319 Posts
Hopefully Dimitrov doesn't pull out. This is a great chance to 1st title of 2018 and he can certainly win 4 matches serving underarm with this field, indoors and at home.

·
158,659 Posts
No, the reason for those WC's to be given to turkish players in the past two years was because the main sponsor of the tournament was Garanti Koza. But they left the tournament last minute and that's why the entry list this year is not that great. All WC's will be for bulgarian players this time:

Main draw:
- Dimitar Kuzmanov (#366)
- Alexander Donski (#1553, won the National championship)
- Adrian Andreev (16yo, #26 in the juniors ranking)

Qualies:
- Alexandar Lazov (#472)
- Alexandar Lazarov (#751)
Great prospect.

·
Registered
11,594 Posts
Nice to see CHUNGredo skip this one. He needs rest and this is a worthless 250 event in hindsight.
I swear some people on here have no idea how the tennis tour works. :lol:

He's only 29 in the world and has never even reached an ATP final, at least not any real one with ranking points. You would think his fans would want him to play a tournament with a depleted field so he can at least get his ranking up and possibly even reach his first final.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts

He's only 29 in the world and has never even reached an ATP final, at least not any real one with ranking points. You would think his fans would want him to play a tournament with a depleted field so he can at least get his ranking up and possibly even reach his first final.
No problems with him playing 250s as you said he could do with another title to further enhance his credentials. This one has came to soon however. I see he's in New York next week that might be a more realistic tournament to play. Im looking forward to seeing him on the clay, probably his best service last year.

·
158,659 Posts
i swear some people on here have no idea how the tennis tour works. :lol:

He's only 29 in the world and has never even reached an atp final, at least not any real one with ranking points. You would think his fans would want him to play a tournament with a depleted field so he can at least get his ranking up and possibly even reach his first final.
+1

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
This is not how this works though, Wawrinka replaces? That means Wawrinka gets a wild card? then one of the Bulgarians does not?

·
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is not how this works though, Wawrinka replaces? That means Wawrinka gets a wild card? then one of the Bulgarians does not?
We are in an "Emergancy Situation"

Rule 7.03.A.6

Dimitrov would have been seed #1; Chung #4. Wawrinka will be Seed #1

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
We are in an "Emergancy Situation"

Rule 7.03.A.6

Dimitrov would have been seed #1; Chung #4. Wawrinka will be Seed #1
Oh, I am sorry. Didn't know of this rule. In fact I have never seen this enacted - has it ever been?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
You mean apart from ranking points? :spit:
Of course I know that. But at this period last year he didn't do anything at all really. didn't even qualify for some tournaments. So until the clay season he's not going to lose many ranking points even if he doesn't play. If he's not fit then right now he shouldn't. I heard he'll start training again next week so he'll probably be good for New York or at least Acapulco.

EDIT: he's pulled out of New York. anyway he's got plenty of time to make up the ranking points at Acapulco/ Indian Wells/ Miami. Clay and grass seasons are more important to me. Especially the summer period he didn't even play last year.

·
Registered
353 Posts

Or have no clue that Chung retired with blisters upon blisters a short while ago.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts